How do you eat? Me:Whole foods paleoish

Options
That pretty much describes the way I eat. I try to eat a ton of veggies and a good amount of healthy fats and fruit. How would you describe the way you eat?

Replies

• JeanLaw131
    JeanLaw131 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Er. Whatever I fancy when I walk into the kitchen/supermarket/take away/restaurant. The see food diet?

^^^^This!!!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Er. Whatever I fancy when I walk into the kitchen/supermarket/take away/restaurant. The see food diet?

^ Same.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Nutrition-conscious, as seasonally/local as is reasonable (according to me), mostly whole foods based (I like to cook, after all, and I love vegetables and summer fruits), but flexible. I make sure my food is delicious too (based on my taste)!

But if someone off-line asked me I probably wouldn't go through all that, and what I'd say would depend on what they were really asking.

Out of curiosity, what are you trying to find out?
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I set my macros and then if it fits my macros I eat it. I eat everything really, but keep my fat intake decently low.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I used to call it: I eat anything I like, but not everyhing at once, and not all the time.
    Right now I call it: I eat what I want, when I need it.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    IIFYM.

I eat what I like, in moderation, I try to hit protein and fat minimums, and I even eat my vegetables.

It has been working for me.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    If I've hit my protein and fat goal, and had some veggies, I eat whatever the f I want............... In moderation.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Yep. me too.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten free due to Celiac, (since 2005) but otherwise I eat a varied diet of foods I enjoy within my calorie "budget". I did low carb a few years ago and did ok, but in the long run it wasn't sustainable for *me*.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    If it fits. I eats.
  • VonHocker08
    VonHocker08 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Nutrition-conscious, as seasonally/local as is reasonable (according to me), mostly whole foods based (I like to cook, after all, and I love vegetables and summer fruits), but flexible. I make sure my food is delicious too (based on my taste)!

But if someone off-line asked me I probably wouldn't go through all that, and what I'd say would depend on what they were really asking.

Out of curiosity, what are you trying to find out?

Just trying to make conversation.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Whatever sounds good. If what sounds good is chicken breast I eats my fill. If what sounds good is icecream or pizza, i eat with some moderation and then fill up on some leafy greens or added protein or fat in the form of nuts or a protein bar. Eat anything really, just track calories and stay in my limits.

I tend to skew towards high protein to help with satiation.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    If it fits. I eats.

Me too!!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Generally whole unprocessed foods- meat, chicken, fish, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruit, cheese, yogurt, & eggs. I don't log food I don't care what my macros are. No pop or sugary beverages, very very rare fast food or junk. If I'm going to have dessert, it better be good & rich. In summary, mostly "clean" with the occasional guilt free indulgence.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,099 Member
    Options
    If it fits. I eats.

Me too!!

Me too.
  • LasVegasOrange14
    Options
    Generally low carb-ish. Been buying way more organic stuff lately.

However, on my birthday the answer flips to anything with flour in it, particularly if there's icing on top. I'm usually stuffed by 9:30 AM, yet I persevere.

And on Thanksgiving the answer is stuffing and absurd amounts of pecan pie (with whipped cream) and a tiny taste of turkey for appearances sake...

Truth.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    If the food fits within my calorie limit and I like it ... I eat it.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    besides my morning fruit smoothie & sometime afternoon/evening veggie smoothie, I like to have some kind of meat,chicken or fish with each meal. A potato, or bulger, rice & veggie. for snacks i have open face P&J, tuna or canned chicken, popcorn, chips, protein bar
  • strawberryromper
    strawberryromper Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It's just chaos honestly. I eat whatever I want, in small amounts.