Protein Ideas??!!!????

Options
2»

Replies

• ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    TriciaFPal wrote: »
    Dry cottage cheese is my favourite!! In egg white omelette, in soup, in chili...
    100 cal .5 fat and 22gm of protein! So awesome!
    I completely stay away from prepackaged bars, meals, etc. Since they arent real food (for me).

DRY cottage cheese? I have never seen or heard of this. Where do you get it?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Dano74 wrote: »
    I'm telling you- if you're not allergic and you can get past the "ew" factor for something that has no taste... drink liquid pasteurized egg whites. One cup has 26g protein and can be mixed in ANYTHING liquid.
    is that healthy??

What's your concern? This type of eggs is pasteurized.

Eating raw eggs is what's not recommended, yet I have one every day in my smoothie with no problems. (I do source them carefully.)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I need some help getting more protein in my diet? Any ideas? I currently eat a lot of tuna and chicken but want some more/different options. Thanks

In addition to the ideas in this thread, there are endless options for cooking chicken. I was going to sub chicken thighs for the pork in Mu Shu Pork but pork was on sale, so am going with that.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    is that healthy??

yep, they even make flavored ones you can add to stuff.

slide6-1200pxv2.jpg
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    is that healthy??

The egg thing? It's fine, but sounds unpleasant. You could always cook those egg whites into an omelet or put them on a sandwich instead.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I need some help getting more protein in my diet? Any ideas? I currently eat a lot of tuna and chicken but want some more/different options. Thanks

In addition to the ideas in this thread, there are endless options for cooking chicken. I was going to sub chicken thighs for the pork in Mu Shu Pork but pork was on sale, so am going with that.

Yo talk about chicken, one of my favorite ways to do it right here. I tend to roast several chicken breasts and freeze or refrigerate them for days during the week. I slice them into about 1/4' slices and then prep a seasoning made of curry, turmeric, cumin, salt, pepper, and maybe a little chili powder, coat both sides of the slices in this and heat gently in a little olive oil or butter. Just until it sort of starts crisping a bit.
  • TriciaFPal
    TriciaFPal Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    TriciaFPal wrote: »
    Dry cottage cheese is my favourite!! In egg white omelette, in soup, in chili...
    100 cal .5 fat and 22gm of protein! So awesome!
    I completely stay away from prepackaged bars, meals, etc. Since they arent real food (for me).

DRY cottage cheese? I have never seen or heard of this. Where do you get it?

It's in the same dairy case as regular cottage cheese, sour cream etc usually at the top. At least where I am! (Alberta, Canada)
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    Quark, cheese, eggs, meat, minced meats, fish, bacon, mushrooms, lentils.

Stuffed peppers, eggplant boats, steaks, stuffed chicken, escalopes, taco's (replace the shells with salad leaves) meatballs with zucchini spaghetti, stir fries, stews, shepherds pie, pulled pork, omelettes, eggs/beans/sausage/black pudding.

db9bkvl3kvi0.jpg