Weight Loss and calories

Options
Hi. I started my most recent journey for weight loss the first week of May. As of today I have lost 25.8 lbs so I my mind I know I doing a lot of RIGHT things. I was 218, now at 192.2 and goal weight is 150. I'm 5'2" tall. But you question it sometimes. So my question is "how many calories should I eat per day? Knowing the following:

I wear my Fitbit everyday for awareness of activity and calories not 100% to trust.
I go to the gym every weekday morning @ 5:15 until 6:30 and every weekday evening @ 5:30 until 7:00 at least. I go every morning on Saturday and Sunday maybe missed 5 total days since starting.
I do mostly cardio (treadmill run and walk mix), stairclimber and bike. Just started spinning too. Some weights about 2 times a week.
I also exercised everyday on vacation on treadmill and walking 19 floors daily.
I log all foods. Limit carbs. Eat 3 meals and 3 snacks(fruit and protein).

Sometimes I think I'm eating too much and feel like I will plateau. Usually range from 1200-1500 calories in but a few days a little more. Last month I didn't lose lbs but lost 1 inch abs, 1 in waist and 2 in hips. So I want to believe I'm doing what's right.

But I need confirmation, advice or suggestions to keep me from feeling guilty about eating the right number of calories

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You are eating fine for your activity level.

I do question your long term plan for activity. Do you plan to exercise nearly 3 hours a day even after you hit your goal?
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    If you're losing 4 total inches off "trouble spots" in one month, YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY DOING IT RIGHT. WOOT! Consider this a fist bump and keep up the consistency. It's working!!
  • JiggyJune
    JiggyJune Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Jemhh - my plan is to hopefully go to one time daily in the morning 5-6 days a week at goal weight. I go with my husband and my best friend at that time each day. We keep each other on track to get out of the bed everyday.