Diet advice

Hello everyone!

I wanted your advice. I've been training for about 3 months now. I started with a weight of 160 lbs and currently I'm at 147 lbs (probably 146).

Like the title says, I'd wish to lose the excess fat, gain muscle, BUT maintain my current weight. Is there any dietary guidelines I can follow?

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    General advice would include eating at maintenance, eating .8g to 1g or protein and lifting regularly. Just remember that a recomp is like watching paint dry, it's going to take a long time to see results so it's often a test of mental endurance more than anything else.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    i second recomp
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Yep recomp.

It's as simple as train hard, eat at maintenance, enjoy life!

Macros aren't as important when maintaining but protein higher than "average" is a good idea. Your diet merely supports your training and recovery - but it all starts with your training, that's where the muscle stimulus comes from.
    Personally when calorie counting for macros I like 1g protein / lb of approximate LBM and fat at 0.4g / of bodyweight as minimums. Rest (including carbs) falls wherever it falls for flexibility.

As for speed of recomp - that's entirely individual based on gender, age, training history, genetics, current training status and of course quality and quantity of training.
    (When I was young I could recomp extremely quickly, now I'm an old fart near the limits of various injuries it's slow.)