Advice needed wanting to stop weight lifting.

Hey i want to stop weight lifting for my own reason and get skinny again. Atm i have a bit of muscle and i just want to be normal skinny again but do not want to become skinny fat... I have searched everywhere but have not found anything on people talking about qutting lifting... So basically how would i be able to return to a normal skinny state and not become skinny fat without lifting? Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Stop lifting then.
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    I suspect this is a troll post but............

Stop lifting whenever, I have found that I appear to be able to eat more than I think without putting on weight for a period after stopping a vigorous exercise program but measurements wise I will get bigger. So make sure you adjust your food intake and keep any eye on measurements as well as weight. Skinny fat or under muscled as some people prefer to call it wont happen just because you stopped lifting esp if you have a good muscle base to start with.
  • Kdp2015
    Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
    I don't see why it would be trolling?
    Mfp is very pro strength training but that doesn't mean it will fit into everyone's life's all the time.
    If you are on maintenance you will not necessarily change shape just because you stop lifting, are you saying you are happy with your body other than the muscle? It won't go by itself, it would be a massive shame to purposefully get rid of it though....
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Low weight high rep

Or stay active as possible and switch to gentler forms like yoga

You want to lose muscle...it's pretty easy ...
  • burreld
    burreld Posts: 6 Member
    If you want to loose muscle. Daily calorie restriction will drop 1 pound for every 4 pounds of fat. If you don't have the fat stores you will have to be careful not to have to high of a deficit long. It could cause serious health issues even death
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    if you dont want to be skinny fat you should prob carry on lifting
    any way what about body weight exercises instead
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Stop lifting then.

This. You don't have to lift weights. But a warning you can't have your cake and eat it too.