I don't get it?

Options
2»

Replies

• Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    Caveman didn't eat 3 meals a day. If they found food they would gorge on it but that could be followed by days of eating nothing at all. The belief that humans need to be fed all day long with meals and snacks is a relatively recent thing.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    .... having different parents might help.

*shrug
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It's not the food we eat and it's not how different our food is from the cavemen. There are boundless examples of people eating nutritionally unsound diets but still losing weight because they had a calorie deficit for a long enough time. Blaming processed food, grain quality, fat chickens, genetics or anything else aside from rare outliers is just kidding yourself.

I'll agree with those that are saying weight loss is simple because it is a simple matter of eating less calories than you burn. Simple doesn't mean it's easy though. Eating less calories than you burn can be quite difficult for many reasons--appetite, satiety, nutritional concerns, emotional factors, social pressure, habit etc.--but that doesn't change the fact that the physical mechanics of weight loss are not complicated.

I have the hardest time getting people who've watched my weight loss over the last while to understand that I can literally EAT ANYTHING as long as I don't eat too much. They'll see me with a donut or chocolate bar or hamburger or some other "bad" food and be shocked. "I thought you didn't eat that stuff!! Where's your veggies and tofu? Hahaha." If more time was spent teaching people CICO and how to manage macronutrients with less time spent telling people that sugar is bad, carbs are bad, meat is bad, fat is bad, or whatever the heck else is "bad" for the moment, I think it would be much better for peoples' health, weight and fitness. I know I would have gotten my *kitten* together long before I was this age if I had been taught these things sooner.