Diet Suggestions

Options
Hi All,

I am trying to find something that would be good for lunch and keep me full all afternoon. I work in an office where there is constant sweets and I am having a hard time staying focused once the afternoon hunger hits. Anything eould be greatly appreciated!

Courtney

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,195 Member
    Options
    I don't depend on my lunch to keep me full all afternoon.

Lunch is usually brown rice, chicken, and veggies or something like that.

About 1.5 hours later I have a low-cal yogurt.

About an hour later I have an apple or mandarin or a couple kiwi fruit or something like that.

Works for me. :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I do depend on my lunch to keep me full till dinner. I allow myself a turkey breast sandwich with Swiss cheese on double fiber bread. I also add fruit (apple with/without peanut butter or a pear or watermelon), I am also weird that I eat beef jerky or pork skins (easy and portable) with my sandwich . This gives me a good amount of fat and protein. I am literally full till dinner..

Sometimes I grill chicken breasts on Sunday's and eat this on a sandwich or I add it to a salad (romaine, raw veggies, cheese, boiled egg and oil dressing, etc..).. This too is laden with good fats and the salad is really filling.

You can always eat left overs from the night before if you cook.

Depending on what yo like to eat, choose foods that provide you with fiber, healthy fats and protein and balance this out with some carbs, this will help with satiety and providing fullness.

You can always add a greek yogurt snack before or after.. I actually use a high protein yogurt (Dannon Oikos Triple Zero.. this is fat free but 15 grams of protein).
  • samw86
    samw86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Protein helps keep you full, as well as overall food volume.

I have a salad with loads & loads of salad leaves, spinach etc and a chicken breast. (Lots of food volume & protein)

The I have some Total 0% greek yoghurt with berries. (more protein)

That keeps me full.
    I also drink diet fizzy drinks, which I finds helps put off hunger.

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    My lunch at about noon is usually dinner leftovers, sandwich or a salad. I often have a small snack around 3-4 PM. I eat dinner about 6 PM.

If you want more filling lunch look to the protein, fats and fiber content. Increase 1 or more of those.
    Plan and bring a snack for the afternoon.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    My lunch at about noon is usually dinner leftovers, sandwich or a salad. I often have a small snack around 3-4 PM. I eat dinner about 6 PM.

If you want more filling lunch look to the protein, fats and fiber content. Increase 1 or more of those.
    Plan and bring a snack for the afternoon.

This^

Lunch is a mixture of protein, fat & fiber......and I bring a snack so I don't have an excuse to raid the vending machine.
  • courtlynnm27
    courtlynnm27 Posts: 14 Member
    Options

All! Thanks for such good advice. I know I need to focus more on fiber intake. I am terrible abiut making sure that I have my fiber.
    I was trying to eat using the 21 day fitness model for eating and I think it's causing more issue!
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I have string cheese in the fridge it is a good snack to get me till 4pm