How do I "browse"?

Options
Is there a way to browse the different types and combinations of exercise here, or do I HAVE to enter something and see if it is listed? I often do different combinations of things...and I dont see, for example, that house cleaning is listed as a form of exercise....

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I think house cleaning is there, but most of us don't consider it exercise ... unless maybe it's a major "I'm moving house" kind of clean.

Edit:

Go here ... type something in and see what results you get.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/exercise/lookup
  • janettles
    janettles Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to browse the different types and combinations of exercise here, or do I HAVE to enter something and see if it is listed? I often do different combinations of things...and I dont see, for example, that house cleaning is listed as a form of exercise....

There is a way to browse:
    - Click on the link provided by Machka9 (thanks, Machka9).
    - The resulting page has 2 columns.
    - In the right column are the words, "...or choose an exercise below"
    - Just below those words, see the first line saying "abdominal crunches" inside a box in which you may click on a small triangle in the far right end of the box.
    - Now you may scroll down the list of available exercises in alphabetical order.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    If your searching for things you do in your daily life (such as cleaning) to count as exercise you should have that kind of stuff reflected in your daily activity level instead. Counting things such as cleaning, cooking, etc... as exercise and then eating back a bunch of exercise calories for it will likely be counter productive. Only count purposeful exercise as your exercise. And be aware MFP is VERY generous with exercise calories.
  • MyrnaSolganick
    MyrnaSolganick Posts: 60 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I was using house cleaning as an example, maybe not a good one. A better example would be light aerobics with hand weights. I also undercount my exercise, or I do not eat more just because the program subtracts my workouts from my alloted calories. Machka, thanks for the link! very helpful.