Canada; Things To Do

Options
BenniBlanc0
BenniBlanc0 Posts: 1,118 Member
Me & my wingman are to Canada tomorrow for a Calgary to Vancouver Roadtrip & was looking for any recommendations for a couple of adrenalin junkie Brits to do while we are out there..... Hidden gems, off the beaten track etc... Thanks

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Find some good poutine and challenge a moose to a dual. Seriously though idk. I've only been to Niagara side, Toronto and the Mennonite side to visit relatives.

mvl3k2u5tolq.jpg
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Igloos, beaver and bacon, that's what we're all about!
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    Canadian moose, much like Canadian girls, will usually drink you under the table, be careful!
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    If you're anywhere near Montreal take the "scenic route" up Mount Royal! Quite the trek and beautiful at that. Also - jet boating through the rapids...make sure you sit in the front if you're an adrenaline junkie (I am, too!)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    French toast?? Yuck. Pancakes with maple syrup and poutine.

But he's going to the west coast. @BenniBlanc0 you're starting in Vancouver I guess? There's tons to do out there
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Umm never heard of the steam roller front lawns. I am guessing that is when it snows...that would make sense. However, our country is not Frozen all the time contrary to popular belief!!! :D

Unfortunately I have never done the trip that you are looking for, but I do now there are many beautiful places to visit. Mountains to climb!!! Something I look forward to doing one day.

BTW wrong coast of Canada to find some "Good" Poutine!! Good luck on that challenge of the moose too...you will most likely come across some on your trek!!

I hope you have fun, Canada is a beautiful Country!!
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    Whiskey's good here too! Oo..I missed that part, about the West Coast....nope, nothing to do there. Gotta come to Ontario and visit T.O!
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    Ha! That would be good for the "24 hours with the person above" thread!
  • synchkat
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Whiskey's good here too! Oo..I missed that part, about the West Coast....nope, nothing to do there. Gotta come to Ontario and visit T.O!

Well duh. Centre of the universe and all

Vancouver is awesome though and he'll be in the Rockies. Lots of adventure tours he can do there probably some white water rafting I'm sure

Calgary you can go to the Olympic Park I think and do the live run and stuff like that. Banff is beautiful and Lake Louise...all those lakes are just amazing to look at really. You can hike through mountains. I have a relative who works part of the year at a Lodge on the bc Alberta border you have to either hike, ski or helicopter to...Prince William and Kate helicoptered in to stay there.

• synchkat
    Options
    And duh I just read Calgary to Vancouver. So ya start by heading to banff. when you get to the foothills of the Rockies it's kind of spectacular.
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Do the Icefields Parkway between Banff and Jasper. You can walk on a glacier. Stop in Canmore at the Grizzly Paw. They are a micro brew distillery.
  • synchkat
    Options
    total_e wrote: »
    Skating lessons

Actually my former skating coach and another I used to coach with are both out that way
  • synchkat
    Options
    If I remember correctly Albertans drive really quickly too...so don't worry about obeying speed limits. Haha. Canadians are nice people but we believe speed limits are really just a recommendation
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    km8907 wrote: »
    Find some good poutine and challenge a moose to a dual. Seriously though idk. I've only been to Niagara side, Toronto and the Mennonite side to visit relatives.

mvl3k2u5tolq.jpg
    Are you in the foreground or the background? Please tell.

That's kind of a dick thing to say.

Agreed.
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    No *kitten*. What an *kitten*. This is supposed to be a supportive site.