Diabetes

Options
Hello, my name is Rose and I have been working at my weight forever. Today I went to the Doctors and I am borderline Diabetic... it scares me.... where can I find what to eat and not eat?

Replies

• delboy604
    delboy604 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I know you feel. My age and being over weight I am worried about getting diabetic.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about asking your doctor to refer you to a dietitian? There is a lot of info on the internet to sift through and you can find info but a dietitian can give you a clear plan and help you not be so overwhelmed. If that's not an option you might look diabetes.org. It's the site for the American Diabetes Association. If you need to lose weight then that will be the best thing you can do to get back to a healthy range. Set up your profile and walk through the goals with MFP to get your macros set then do your best to follow it and you should lose weight. Also, exercise is very helpful for not only weight loss but also for managing your blood sugars. It is in addition to changing your diet though, not in place of it. :)
  • caNwa
    caNwa Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am diabetic. :'( All good points above.. A dietitian would really help you.. Also, there are support groups, though even though you are only borderline you could really benefit from. I work for a medical center and we have classes that my insurance paid for (that was open to the public as well.) It boils down to watching your carbs because they turn to sugar.. MFP really helps me to stay on track of what I am putting in my mouth. Get ahold of it and you can reverse it..... before you end up with the complications. Good luck, Rose, you can doooeyy. <3