Anyone have yummy, healthy chicken breast recipes?!

Options
2»

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Chicken piccata is one of my favorite FAVORITE meals. Take some cutlets (pounded thin), dredge in flour, S&P, and pan fry in olive oil and butter. Remove the chicken from the pan, add chicken stock, lemon juice and some capers, and maybe more butter ;). Bring to a simmer, add the chicken back to the pan and let it soak up the yumminess for a few. Stuff your face.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    This is yummy, too, and super easy:

Spread some chicken cutlets with cream cheese and throw them in a 9x13 on top of a layer of salsa; cover with more salsa. Bake covered at 350 for like 15, 20 minutes? Uncover, sprinkle some shredded cheese on those babies and bake for another 15,20 minutes. I think this is actually a Biggest Loser recipe, but it's so good.

• Habiteer
    Habiteer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
  • RhapsodyWinters
    RhapsodyWinters Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    One of mine and my boyfriend's (he always requests it haha) favorites is brown sugar garlic chicken. I make a ton of chicken breast recipes too, but this one is always delicious. It's really simple and easy and you can add other herbs or spices if you want. Here's a recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-garlic-chicken-5478
    Also, I've used a bunch of these: http://www.slenderkitchen.com/blog/fifty-healthy-boneless-chicken-breast-recipes-weight-watchers-friendly

LOL For a minute there a read that as "One of my boyfriend's" and I panicked for you.

I see a lot of people using brown sugar in things. I don't know why...I never liked brown sugar when I was growing up.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    mjwarbeck wrote: »
    My first comment:
    Stop buying chicken breast and use thighs instead. Only slightly higher in fat, but far tastier and more forgiving when hearing the next day.

As for recipes:
    Countless options. If I am cooking breast, usually because of a sale it was cheaper, I will brine during the day in salt and a bit of brown sugar. Then bake or bbq. Remains far moister. Otherwise, I'll turn into a curry (Indian or thai) or tacos or on a salad or tossed in salad. Of course fir comfort food, I just cook and serve with Swiss chalet dipping sauce (rightly or wrongly a Canadian institution).

The time I got thighs, there was so much fat it pretty much turned me off... once I trimmed it away, there was almost nothing left :(
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I really like Montreal Chicken Spice mix on chicken. I actually use it on pork as well. A little goes a long way as it is pretty strong, but it does bring out the flavor. Nice because it is really quick
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    This is something I made today and it's absolutely delicious.
    Servings: 4-5
    Chicken Salad
    1 lb or 15 oz chicken breast, shredded
    1/4 cup diced red or white onion
    3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
    2.5 oz avocado
    1 stalk celery, chopped
    2 oz grape tomatoes or any kind
    Season to taste (I used Mrs. Dash salt free garlic and herb)

You can add and take out anything you'd like. Other people like to add almonds, cranberries or grapes.

Is that raw
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    ty7jenov6uc4.jpg
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Made the chicken salad today and added cherry tomatoes to my sandwich. Used bread with 45 cal per slice. Makes 6 servings at 1/2 cup each and portioned them out in my containers to have ready.

• Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I made this last night. Yummy. Make one breast per person.

Gently pound a boneless chicken flat between two sheets of plastic wrap.

Season top lightly. Your choice of spices. I just used a little salt and pepper.

Add a handful of baby spinach leaves, a couple narrow strips of Sargento Tastings bruschetta jack cheese.

Roll and secure with a toothpick

Cover on all sides with dried bread crumbs or Panko crumbs

Put seam side up in a shallow baking dish on parchment paper.

Dash of granulated garlic, salt, pepper and Old Bay seasoning. Sprinkle lightly with a good olive oil.

Bake at 400f for about 35 minutes. Turn down oven to 375 and continue baking about another 10 to 15 min.

Juices should run clear.

I'm not sure of the calories...I didn't enter in the Recipe builder, but it wasn't greasy and was so tasty and tender due to the pounding. You can sub in your fav cheese, veg or spice. Asparagus would be great. Sun-dried tomatoes. Roasted red peppers. Up to you.
  • michellew91
    michellew91 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just made this one today. Lovely for fall and makes great leftovers for lunch!
    http://12tomatoes.com/sc-bean-chicken-soup/
  • Get_N_Fit
    Get_N_Fit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Canned chicken breast. Bell peppers and onions cut up. a little fajita seasoning. cook all together, put on tortilla(more meat on one tortilla is better than less meat on 2 tortillas) a little cheese and sour cream. Takes like 10-15 minutes to make and tastes really good and not that many calories.

or small amount of brown sugar a little soy sauce, worcheshire sauce, garlic chopped, tea spoon of oil(can be omitted), a little honey. cook on stove for a bit. marinade chicken breast for about 8 hours. Grill breast. serve with a little white rice and veggies of your choice. very delicious
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I do lemon pepper chicken fairly frequently. It's not my fave, but hubby loves it. I use chicken tenderloins and sprinkle them with the lemon pepper and grill for 3 minutes on each side. Pretty fool proof and fast for a weeknight, and easy to weigh. Any leftover chicken we usually dice up and have a lemony chicken salad.

I also put large chicken breasts in the slow cooker with can or two of Rotel green chilies and tomatoes. Let it cook on low all day, then shred the chicken for tacos or tostadas or whatever.

This is another go-to favorite: http://skinnyms.com/slow-cooker-fiesta-chicken-soup/ that makes an appearance throughout fall and winter. We're a busy family and I'd be dead in the water without my slow cooker. Plus, I love freezing the extra portions for grab-and-go lunches.