Piyo calories burned

Options
I'm wondering does anyone have a round about of what the calories burned doing the piyo videos can be? Just did core which is 30 minutes... Fitbit really does not calculate it... Thank you

Replies

• jpsintx727
    jpsintx727 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have done p90x and Fitness Blender for a long time. A lot goes into calorie calculation like weight, age, BMI and of course time and intensity. I would say if you are done after 30 min of pyo and dripping wet you can easily say 270-350 calories. There are good on line calculators
  • CindyFooWho
    CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Log it in MFP as "aerobics, high impact" if there's lots of plyo. Or just use "circuit training - general" and treat it all as estimates. It's all about the same and gets you in the ballpark
  • nesa98
    nesa98 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys ... I wish there were better calculators... I'm sweaty.. Not dripping like I would be from an hour of Zumba but sweaty ....
  • nesa98
    Options
    I mean this is Pilates and yoga mixed.... But it's kind of intense
  • nesa98
    Options
    To me it's intense being I have a bad ankle and my whole spine is completely jacked - this is not my usual Cize workout lol ... And not the yoga I've done before lol
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I wandered into a Piyo class once at the gym thinking this is going to be no big deal... Suffice it to say I was mistaken and humbled and I walked out after that class sore and my tail between my legs. :laugh:
  • nesa98
    Options
    I wandered into a Piyo class once at the gym thinking this is going to be no big deal... Suffice it to say I was mistaken and humbled and I walked out after that class sore and my tail between my legs. :laugh:

My legs are hating me right now lol ... I love it though, but man oh man!!
  • CindyFooWho
    CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    okay, then if it's what I think it is, I'd search for "Les Mills BODYBALANCE™/BODYFLOW®" (copied from my diary). That's a class that incorporates yoga/pilates, etc. Again, it will get you close enough
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    When I was doing piyo I would give myself 200 for an hour and I lost pretty constantly with that number.