Over my sugar intake

Options
I went over my sugar intake and I don't even have a sweet tooth. Aye nutrition people out there please feel to add me

Replies

• peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    A lot of people have no idea how much sugar is in EVERYTHING until they have a revelation like you. I used to think I ate healthy, then I realized I was drinking most of my sugar and was at 120+ grams x day (thanks, Starbuck's/Dunkin coffee plus an apple or banana). Focus on getting that number below 40 grams. When choosing fruit, opt for berries which are generally low-sugar and choose sugar-free options when possible. Non-sweetened yogurt with fruit and granola instead of pre-sweetened yogurt, add your own brown sugar to your oatmeal instead of buying the packets, etc.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Unless you have an issue with sugar I wouldn't worry about it too much especially at first. Focus on total carbohydrate consumption instead.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    Unless you have an issue with sugar I wouldn't worry about it too much especially at first. Focus on total carbohydrate consumption instead.
    ^agreed.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Any fruit and you're going to be over in sugar. Do you have a medical reason to track sugar? If not you can either ignore it or track something else. Personally I switched from tracking sugar to tracking fiber because it's more useful info to me.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

This. I don't even bother tracking sugar, I do fiber instead.
  • Ricksh1000
    Ricksh1000 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My sugar is over every day, but i eat a LOT of fruit and veg
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Added sugar or natural sugar?
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I try to stay within 25gr of sugar per day, which is near impossible. But if anything, it's made me much more aware of products with sugar in it.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

This. I don't even bother tracking sugar, I do fiber instead.

^^^This for the win...