Halloween 2013 Weight Loss CHALLENGE!

Options
Good morning MFP'ers,

I have never posted on the forums before but I read religiously from the sidelines (creep!...) I have set a personal goal to be 145 lbs (40 lb loss) by my birthday at the end of the first week of November. Since you all don't care about MY bday, I thought Halloween would be a better goal! Imagine finally being able to wear cute, slightly scandalous Halloween costumes and being able to indulge in a bit of candy that night since you look damn good! :) A good way to finish the challenge would be to post pictures of us before, then after in our Halloween costume of choice!

Please join in the challenge by Sunday, July 21! After this date I will be sure to post a list of all those participating, as well as track everyone's weekly progress via Google Docs.

To join, please post your starting weight, starting photo (optional) and the following measurements (if you wish to track measurements, you don't have to!)
- Waist size
- Hip size
- Upper arm (right and left)
- Thighs (right and left)

Halloween is about 15ish weeks away... so this is a LONG CHALLENGE! I am hoping that running this competition will further motivate me to reach my goals, and in turn, will motivate everyone to reach theirs! :)

xo Jenni

Replies

• siehatsdrauf
    siehatsdrauf Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am in, will post my starting measurements at the end of this week :)
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I don't have my measurements right now, but I would love to be in a long challenge!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I would love to partake in this challenge! I have appox 12lbs left to lose so that is a more than reasonable time frame to complete it :) and a reasonable amount of time to lower my body fat to 13% as well.

I can take my weight and measurements around the start date :)

You've got a great goal and it will be an awesome birthday present for yourself!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!

Start Weight for Challenge: 128.6
    Waist size: 26.8
    Hip size: 36
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

By the end of October, I hope I will be able to be 25 pounds lighter!

I will post my measurements later..!
  • megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I want to dress scandalous! LOL.... =)
  • Nouuran
    Nouuran Posts: 3
    Options
    Sounds funn!
    Weight: 146
    Height: 5'5.5
    Goal: 130 :-).
  • Tooslim4you
    Tooslim4you Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome challenge, I've never posted in a forum or joined a challenge; so, this shoud be fun... I also don't have my measurements, but I'm in...I'll post them by July 21...

Thanks for initiating this challenge....

Amelia
  • Kai81109
    Kai81109 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    im in

height- 5'9
    start weight- 178
    waist-33.5
    hips-42.5
    left thigh- 25 right thigh- 24.5
    left bicep-11.5 right bicep-11
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I would love to be in this challenge. I want to be a sexy pirate for Halloween, so this will help to get me to my goal.
  • fitfor26
    fitfor26 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Guys! The interest is really exciting! I always do so much better when I have other people depending on me so I'm getting really excited for this. I'm in the process of creating a google document to track everyone's progress during this challenge. I will share the link once I have everyone's information by Sunday!

- Jenni
  • luziferl
    luziferl Posts: 82
    Options
    i'm in too! My wi is on thursday, so Ill post my weight and measurements on thursday :)
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Sure, this might be just the kick in the butt I need to get my momentum going again. Starting pic and measurements to follow. :)
  • CassandraMyth
    Options
    Haha, nice post. In my country, we don't have Halloween, but I still like the challenge.

Though I'll be keeping it on staying the way I am right now, which is about 124 lbs, I will be following this. Good luck!!

P.S. For the people who do not like the sport school:
    Swimming in the morning is the best way to start the day, if you ask me, gives you lots of energy AND if you do it early, you won't be hungry at all afterwards. On the contrary, in my experience I don't want to eat for hours when I go for a dive around 8:30. And if you swim about 45 to 60 minutes, you will build muscles really quickly, feel good and NOTHING FEELS BETTER then to swim that long and step under the warm shower. Amazing. Seriously.
  • boomboom33
    boomboom33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have to buy measuring tape in order to get my measurements but, I'm in.
  • Tooslim4you
    Tooslim4you Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    what's the start date for this challenge?
  • erillyn
    erillyn Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in on this too! Maybe I'll get to to actually do something fun this Halloween!

Challenge start weight: 148.5
    Height: 5'3"
    Measurements: to come!
  • Creative_Sam
    Creative_Sam Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Can I join in.
    I'll only be posting a before pic if that's okay. I get too demotivated with weight and measurements.
    I'm trying to focus on my body :)

Will there be a group?

ETA: Oh, you need starting weight - okay mine is 99.8kg.. EEEK!
  • Cylinda30
    Cylinda30 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am in
  • suzer312
    suzer312 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I like the long term goal too.
    Starting weight: 122
    Waist: 29
    Hips: 35
    R & L Thigh: 21
    R & L Upper arm: 11
    Goal: 118 lbs, an inch or two off the waist and thighs, and to MAINTAIN that weight! That's my biggest problem. I'll stick to exercising and eating healthy for a few weeks, but I want long term changes.