Encouragement required please!

Ok - so it's the start of another week. I've made several half hearted attempts to lose the stone and a half I have gained over the last 4 years through poor nutrition and going from being fit enough to run a half marathon to being fit to drop!

Now it's time to change that and so far I'm doing ok but it's only just past lunchtime! I've weighed and measured myself and have had a healthy breakfast and lunch.

My exercise today has been to lift 4 fencing panels above my head and slot them into the posts and this evening I will do two hours of Flamenco dancing.

Experience tells me it will be the first 4 days that will make or break me. If I can get through that it hour falling off the wagon, I can set another goal so any encouragement/success storiesto keep me on the straight and narrow will be gratefully received. :-)

Replies

• Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    You have made a very strong start! You can do this and your half! Just remember it is a marathon not a sprint. Have that same "settle in the zone and go" mentality that comes with running with your new plans. Make a plan ahead of time so you know what is coming. Plan each and every meal and snack and have the food on hand. Go shopping for the next week 2 days in advance so you never run out and panic eat! You can lose that stone and will feel great coming across the finish line! YOU ARE AWESOME!
    edited to add: Add me if you like, I can connect you with other amazing supportive women too!
  • James_1954
    James_1954 Posts: 187 Member
    If you can flamenco-dance for TWO hours tonight ... you're amazing! And a stone and a half ... if I remember the conversion correctly, that sounds like 21 pounds. Over a four-year period: I'm sure you're better off undoing that, but it still doesn't sound so heinous to me.

Please consider yourself encouraged!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Use raw celery to fill the void in your tummy if you're having trouble with an "empty tank.". It actually takes more calories to digest than it contains. It is a good idea to plan low calorie snacks to boost you along when needed.
  • gem5639
    gem5639 Posts: 90
    Mind over matter... strong mind, strong body!