Alcohol and hangovers

Options
So I had a night out with friends last week and after logging all my drinks (that I can remember,hehe) It came to about 2300 Cals. That's nearly double my daily goal just on drinks alone, oops.

Were out again tomorrow night and was wondering which drinks would be a slightly lower calorie option?

Also what do you eat as hangover food? I usually crave something deep fried and covered in cheese after a night of drinking, lol.

Replies

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I hope you had a good time!!! I don't usually get hangovers, I just hydrated before bed. I take a Tylenol and drink two bottles of water...wake up and run!!

I am not sure about the lower cal drink options, but if I had to guess the sweeter the drink the more calories. So maybe you can have a shot or two of liquor on the rocks....skip the mix. I am sure you'll get a better answer than mine...but it's a start!

Have a good time tomorrow night!!!
  • mysticwryter
    mysticwryter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Drinking isn't really a good idea if you have worked on getting into a better physical shape. Most of your mixed liquor drinks have sugar up the wazoo. Beer has a lot of carbs (depending on if you are drinking a Miller Lite or an IPA micro brew). If you want to have a drink, then it's ok to have ONE; not many to where you wake up half naked in a Dennys parking lot. I would try seltzer water with a lime/lemon/orange wedge. It give a bit of flavor but you're not getting all those sugars involved.

Hangover food? I would eat a good breakfast; eggs, bacon, toast with WATER and COFFEE. When I did drink I would crave late-night Taco Bell. Steak Quesadilla with a Cheesy Gordita Crunch, extra baja sauce and cheesy fiesta potatoes (would you call that a craving?). You have to stay away from food like what you are craving, otherwise you'll just be spending more time in the gym than you should.
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Vodka soda if you are going to drink. And alternating each drink with a big glass of water.
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Gatorade for a hangover
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Light beers, diet tonic & gin (get extra lime, it really isn't that bad), diet soda and Jack.

As for the hangover, I won't eat for 24-48 hours post drinking. It's terrible. My abs pop but everything else feels and looks weak. It's just how my body handles it, I can't eat or else I'll throw up. Gatorade, multi-vitamins and water are my savior.
  • Misterhyd3
    Misterhyd3 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I heard vodka doesn't have any calories so I would go with that. Gatorade is where its at for hangovers
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Drinking and being fit is definitely possible, even long term. But drinking so much that you are hung over on a regular basis isn't good. And if you can't control your eating when drinking then you may have to work on that.

As already posted, liquor is the lowest calorie as long as it's straight or with a low/no calorie mixer.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I heard vodka doesn't have any calories so I would go with that. Gatorade is where its at for hangovers

Vodka has calories, approximately the same number as other ~40% hard alcohols (somewhere between 60-80 calories an ounce or so.) I have no idea how this myth perpetuates.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

Vodka has calories, approximately the same number as other ~40% hard alcohols (somewhere between 60-80 calories an ounce or so.) I have no idea how this myth perpetuates.

Smirnoff had an ad campaign a couple years ago saying there were no carbs in Smirnoff. A lot of people got confused by this.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options

Smirnoff had an ad campaign a couple years ago saying there were no carbs in Smirnoff. A lot of people got confused by this.

No carbs = No cals. That's why low carb diets are so popular. {sarcasm off}
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

Not to be a snob or anything, but I suppose it doesn't surprise me that those who willingly drink Smirnoff would get those confused...lol.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Not to be a snob or anything, but I suppose it doesn't surprise me that those who willingly drink Smirnoff would get those confused...lol.

*Gently hugs her Reyka and goes and sits quietly in a corner.*
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

This is just another thing that confirms for me that the world is just getting more stupid by the day...and it almost seems willfully.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I use the Navy CureAll 800 mg Ibuprofen and drink a lot of water. A sausage McGriddle is my go to.
  • hollygirl101
    hollygirl101 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    By drinking vodka soda you are hydrating in a sense. Soda water IS water...

You can justify anything if you try hard enough. :)
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Anything distilled (it doesn't have to be vodka) with a diet soda if you want the fewest calories and the most alcohol.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I crave eggs and bacon they after heavy drinking.

But I'm not a foodie, I'm a drinkie so I'm usually craving a Gatorade

Anyway clear vodka with Diet Soda
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Maybe don't drink so much that you get a hangover. It's irrational to deliberately poison yourself.
  • tcay584
    tcay584 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

OMG, ROTFL....Love!