Squats are a girl's best friend

Options
13»

Replies

• chapiano
    chapiano Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Get in the squat rack and put a much heavier bar on your back do four rounds of 12/15 reps I'm 4.10 weigh a fair bit less than you and squat 60kg. Building the glutes is hard but you also want nice hamstrings and quads barbell glute bridges, dumb bell or bar bell lunges , dumb bell Bulgarian split squats, leg extension, leg curls and leg press all done heavy
    I don't live near a gym so it's a home gym for me, no squat rack :( but upping the weight and doing less reps seems the way to go for now, thanks for all your advice, the motivation from others is tremendous on here :)

I work out at home, just be very careful when adding weight and make sure your form is spot on. Film yourself performing a light weight and upload it for professional advice if your not sure. I don't have the space for a cage but use a power rack instead which was only about £40 on e-bay.
  • chapiano
    chapiano Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Bmoremama wrote: »
    Same! I do StrongLifts 5x5 and squats are my best lift out of the 5. The other day I finally got up to 130lbs.
    Get in the squat rack and put a much heavier bar on your back do four rounds of 12/15 reps I'm 4.10 weigh a fair bit less than you and squat 60kg. Building the glutes is hard but you also want nice hamstrings and quads barbell glute bridges, dumb bell or bar bell lunges , dumb bell Bulgarian split squats, leg extension, leg curls and leg press all done heavy

Hats off to you both! Squating around 60K is a very nice weight ☺