Determined

I am determined this time to get in shape. Only need to lose 20 lbs but seems like it'll never disappear. Has anyone had any success with just eating meats?

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    nightowlT wrote: »
    I am determined this time to get in shape. Only need to lose 20 lbs but seems like it'll never disappear. Has anyone had any success with just eating meats?

Sure, it has been done, the only thing you need to lose weight is the diet but what you'll look like when you get down to your goal weight will in large part be due to how you got there. If you exercise, particularly lifting, you'll have more muscle and will have a firmer look than if you diet alone.

• nightowlT
    nightowlT Posts: 7 Member
    Yeah I hate to use the term diet. If so I'm doom to fail. I'm just eating healthy. Or trying anyway.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Yeah I hate to use the term diet. If so I'm doom to fail. I'm just eating healthy. Or trying anyway.

Diet here is just a generic term for things you eat, but yes, it's a weight loss diet in your case since that's your goal. Adding exercise makes it easier to both lose weight and to maintain that loss after you have achieved your goal.

• nightowlT
    nightowlT Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you for theverything advice.
  • Arizona_C
    Arizona_C Posts: 1,476 Member
    Eating only meat isn't a well balanced diet. too much protein which are tough for the organs (count max 1.5g protein per kilo bodyweight) when you train a lot.

Try to varie toy protein income. Egg white, beans soya, lentils etc are good alternatives. You'll need vegstables as well. 200 g at lunch et 200 gram at diner. Total of max 100 kcal a day it's little, but good for the body.

Good luck!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member

Um, eating healthy would involve carbs & healthy fat and a variety of protein in addition to meat, plus you need fruits & veggies for vitamins & other nutrients.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    You can lose weight eating anything you want as long as you are eating fewer calories than your body burns. However, you can't eat just meats. Your body can't process that much protein over a sustained period. You also can't get the full range of vitamins and minerals you need. Do a Google search on rabbit starvation or protein poisoning. You should be balancing out protein with fats and at least some carbohydrates.
  • Wheelhouse15
    edited September 2016
    SueInAz wrote: »
    You can lose weight eating anything you want as long as you are eating fewer calories than your body burns. However, you can't eat just meats. Your body can't process that much protein over a sustained period. You also can't get the full range of vitamins and minerals you need. Do a Google search on rabbit starvation or protein poisoning. You should be balancing out protein with fats and at least some carbohydrates.

I assumed that "only meat" part was an exaggeration TBH. Unless it's raw meat you will get really sick very fast due to lack of Vitamin C and other essential nutrients. Historically, the Inuit survived on raw meat during the winter months and do fine but they eat raw meat only. On a side note there are enough carbs in raw meat to prevent Inuit from going into Ketosis.