Need support!

Options
I am not new to mfp... have used it off and on for a few years. I just recently decided to get serious "again". I have never been one to seek friends on here but have noticed that many people that have had success have done so because of all the support from their mfp friends... so I thought I might as well build up my support here and see what happens! I will take any friends, but here is a little about me... I am 46 years old. I have struggled with my weight since my mid 20's. I guess I struggled with my weight my entire life.. as a child.. as a teen and as an adult, but it wasn't until my 20's that I was no longer "a few pounds" over weight. Now I have reached over 300 lbs and wish I could go back to the day when I was freaking out when I reached 180 and thought "I'd NEVER let myself get any closer to 200 lbs"...lol. I would consider myself an Overeater and a Binge eater. I have not yet been to Overeaters Annymous but definitely looking into it. I figure with support from mfp and OA, reaching my goals should become a little bit easier :)

Replies

• webyj
    webyj Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started at 300lbs. The lowest I've been as an adult was 191 10 years ago. Marriage, two transatlantic moves, two kids and a divorce later I found myself at 300. I started meal prepping and calorie counting July 1 and have lost 23 lbs so far. My goal is 170 (I'm 5'9" so its my upper "healthy" BMI limit) and I'm almost 42.

You got this!
  • ariesfireangel
    ariesfireangel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know that 300+ struggle all too well. Back when I started losing weight when I was in my early 20'a I was busting the scale at 315lbs (and I say busting cause I literally did break my scale apparently :s )
    I've been at a stale mate with the scale though ever since I got down to the 190's and resently started gaining again cause of depression over my divorce. But I'm trying to reel it all back in now and start taking care of me again.
    You'll make it though the important thing is to build a strong support net I think and you are already making all the right choices to start that! Best of luck