Push Pull Leg Split

Options
I'm pretty much new to lifting..I was just wondering if I could workout 5days straight?It so happens that I've got access to a Gym at work..So every morning I get up and go workout for about 45minutes to 11/2hrs..I focus on bench press on push days lateral pulls and rows on back days and squats and leg press on leg day...I feel like I'm lifting really light is this normal for a beginner and will i eventually get stronger by eating proper resting and pushing myself?My very first leg day after doing squats with 2 25lb plates and leg press with 2 45lb plates..My gym partner says lets do jumping squats right after...Let me tell you I landed on my back side..lol it was embarrassing but I got back up and I'm still pushing forward..I would like to continue doing this split.I also do other exercises on these days for instance on back day I'll work on the lateral machine then I'll do 5sets of 10to12reps bicep curls with an easy bar with like 15lbs on each end..Is it okay to focus more on compound movements and then when I can't really lift as much lift lighter...I don't want to waste my time I want to make sure I'm doing things right..Please help..

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you're new to lifting, your best bet is to do a 3-day-a-week full body program so you don't wear yourself out.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you
  • GorillaGainz_z
    GorillaGainz_z Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of this split so far I've done push,pull,legs,push tomorrow I'm going to pull again then rest 2days then start Monday with Legs..I forgot 2 mention i started a full body routine in March at home and now I go to the gym at work..My full body workout was done at home using Dumbells..Now that I started going to the gym there's a lot of new movements I'm learning like squating with a barbell for the first time instead of a dumbell..I'd like to make the best of my workout so if anyone can help that'll be great thanks.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest either a 3 day full body or a 4 day upper/lower/rest/upper/lower