Where are my third-shift people?

Options
Hi!

So me and my fiancé work 3:30p-12a, and while I love my shift, I feel like it has caused poor eating choices with us. (ex: Not eating breakfast, eating right before bedtime, etc...)

Do any of you have tips on how to avoid these bad habits? We try to get a schedule going, but usually fail miserably.

Replies

• bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Meal timing is overblown as far as it helping or hindering your weight loss directly. If you are asleep when you would normally eat breakfast, that's ok. If you eat before going to bed because that's when you have time, that's ok too.

It's a simple matter of calories in/calories out. When they go in or out doesn't particularly matter.
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I work the same shift. I end up eating my breakfast around 10am, lunch is right before (or right as) I get into work, and then my lunch break during work is dinner time, usually around 7:30pm.
  • a45cal
    a45cal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    As bethannien said, meal time doesn't matter. It's currently 2AM where I am, and I'm having my "dinner" as I type this. Eating at hours like these are just part of my day-to-day for losing weight, and it isn't negatively affecting my weight loss in the slightest.

As long as your total calories stay at your goal over a 24 hour period, you'll lose weight just fine regardless. So if it works for you, feel free to not eat breakfast or have your last meal of the day in bed just before turning the lights out. Just as long as you can sustain a calorie deficit in the long term, anything goes.