MFP set calorie allotment question, please.

Options
Based on all my personal parameters, activity level, weight loss goal, etc. MFP set my daily max daily calorie allotment. When does it change the daily allotment based on weight loss?

Replies

• daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    It doesn't, you have to make it recalculate manually.
  • janetennet
    janetennet Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it will do it automatically (but there is no set weightloss that this will happen at) the easiest way is to reassess your goals every 5kgs/ 20 pounds that you lose.
  • jopalis
    jopalis Posts: 238 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    daniip_la wrote: »

It resets calories if you go into your goals, enter your new current weight and let it recalculate. It is not automatically done though.
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    ^^ I think that is what @daniip_la meant. You have to manually go into your goals to change it, and the recommendation is to do that every 10 lbs or so.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    jopalis wrote: »
    daniip_la wrote: »

It resets calories if you go into your goals, enter your new current weight and let it recalculate. It is not automatically done though.
    ^^ I think that is what @daniip_la meant. You have to manually go into your goals to change it, and the recommendation is to do that every 10 lbs or so.

Yeah, that's why I said you have to make it recalculate.
  • emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Do you have to enter your new weight as "starting weight" in order to recalculate? Because I just went into goals and it lists my current weight accurately.
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Do you have to enter your new weight as "starting weight" in order to recalculate? Because I just went into goals and it lists my current weight accurately.

yes, starting weight is your current weight, t's just using the same formula but based on your current weight as you burn more calories, even at rest, when you're heavier and vice-versa.
  • Gena575
    Gena575 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

No, you do not want to adjust your starting weight...how demotivating to not see that loss number climb! Just change your goal from lose xlbs to maintain. Then exit out, go back in and change it back to your desired loss rate. There may be a less futzy way but I've not found it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

No -- when you have a loss of 10 lbs it should ask you if you want to recalculate and you say yes.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    If you are already at 1200 it won't do it, though.
  • peterbuller8
    peterbuller8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    As long as you have updated your weight normally you only need to go into goals and press recalculate that's it. :)