How fast do you have to go to be "running"?

Options
13»

Replies

• momofamadhouse
    momofamadhouse Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You guys are so encouraging! Thank you all for you input. I'll definitely work on distance over speed for a while. Yesterday my run was horrible. I couldn't get into it mentally or physically and finally just gave up and walked the rest of the way. I can't figure out why that happened. It's been going so well and I almost always make progress every time I run.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of this. I identify as a runner, even though in my running group I'm the slowest one by quite a lot. The whole "both feet off the ground" thing is right. Personally I don't like the word "jogging". It feels a little pejorative to me. Like if it's only a hobby, you're a jogger, but if you're serious about it, then you're a runner. Poos to that. I run. I'm a runner.

If you're serious enough about running to consider "jogging" an insult, you're probably a runner. ;)
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You guys are so encouraging! Thank you all for you input. I'll definitely work on distance over speed for a while. Yesterday my run was horrible. I couldn't get into it mentally or physically and finally just gave up and walked the rest of the way. I can't figure out why that happened. It's been going so well and I almost always make progress every time I run.
    Those days happen! Just get back out there, like pulling off a bandaid, so you don't wait and get anxious about going out again. Sometimes we just have off days like that. Don't sweat it! You still got up and went for it. You'll get it back!
  • cricket490
    cricket490 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

I remember years ago someone told me that running a marathon was tough for a fast runner but imagine if you were a slow runner. It is much harder to be on your feet for 4-6 hours while running a race.

If you run, you are a runner no matter the pace.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I jokingly refer to my pace as wogging, walk/jog, faster than the person sitting on the couch.