Not new, but using the forums for the first time

Options
Hi! My name is Jan. I'm 39 years-old. And I like long walks on the beach ... okay, just teasing.

I have a lot to loose, and for the past year, I've worked hard. Cardio 3xs a week at 90 minutes, cardio the other 3 days at 60 minutes, plus twenty minutes of weights. I went to the doctor two weeks ago and I had gained weight. Ugh!!!! They put me on phentermine in hopes that it'll jump start this last year of hard work.

I've done it all. Atkins, HCG, even on here, counting calories. My metabolism is fine, but I'm guessing since I had a hysterectomy last year, it's really messing with my body. Considering I now am enjoying having to be on a water pill. How much of the gain is from water retention? Don't know.

Rather than getting frustrated, I'm going to keep it up. Keep counting calories, keep working out, but rather than what I was doing, go to 40 minutes of cardio 6 days a week and two days of light weights. If at the bare minimum, I'll still be healthy. Just heavy!

Replies

• deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hey Janrup,

best of luck on your weight loss journey!
    However, as you will hear from a lot of people, cut down on the cardio, and up your lifting! strength training will help you more than pure cardio! A lot of women on here also swear by Jillian Michael's workouts.

Keep it up, the weight will fall off!