Breakfast Today

Options
Breakfast today: 2 sopes (Mexican Corn Cakes), small avocado, fresh strawberries, fresh blackberries, coffee with low fat milk-476 calories.

ud574kwef4te.png

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    sfcrocker wrote: »
    Breakfast today: 2 sopes (Mexican Corn Cakes), small avocado, fresh strawberries, fresh blackberries, coffee with low fat milk-476 calories.

ud574kwef4te.png

Looks tasty! But there's hardly any protein for that number of calories. ;)
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

Agreed. I think we look at food the same way. If there's not enough protein it just isn't worth it, unless of course I've already hit my protein goal for the day, then bring it on! ;)
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    fyk86k6ldyce.jpeg

2 slices of wonder thin bread, toasted. 2 eggs, strawberries and coffee with frothed skim milk. Just over 300cal
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

ud574kwef4te.png

Unless we know what else he's eating today it's hard to criticize one meal for lack of protein
  • rainbowbow
    Options

ud574kwef4te.png

Unless we know what else he's eating today it's hard to criticize one meal for lack of protein

o.....k
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Sometimes people just want to eat something they like and take a moment away from considering every single aspect of the food. Maybe he is planning on some snacks and meals later in the day with more protein. While anything we post carries the risk of judgment and scorn, I think sometimes people should just keep moving instead of trying to ruin someones good mood. Anyhoo. The breakfast looks good. I love avocado and I love berries. Looks delicious!
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Should try to have some protein element in your first meal of the day was the point being made by other posters. I would Add 8 oz of skim milk and maybe some greek yogurt or a hard boiled egg. I would so munch that down. Im not adverse to hitting 800-900 calories for breakfast, but my intention is to add weight not lose so depends on the OPs goal really.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Good thing my breakfast was 250g of baked chicken breast, is that MFP approved?
  • rainbowbow
    edited September 2016
    Options
    -
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    I had breakfast for lunch. 3 eggs sunny side up
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Oh my god everyone, i made a comment. let it goooo.

I am vegetarian and 99% of my meals would look like the above if it didn't leave me with less than 45g of protein per day. I was just saying that for 500 calories (which i consider substantial) he's eating only carbs and fat.

no big deal. no judging. no hating. no approving. on and on and on

No one can kick up their heels and just eat I suppose. Sometimes it's just nice to let go and be free for a minute but that's likely not allowed. *in my robot voice* Must stay on diet.,..... must count macros.... must have protein... never go off diet for one second.... always stay on diet.... never stray from diet..... must stay in the cookie cutter..."
  • rainbowbow
    edited September 2016
    Options

I am vegetarian and 99% of my meals would look like the above if it didn't leave me with less than 45g of protein per day. I was just saying that for 500 calories (which i consider substantial) he's eating only carbs and fat.

No one can kick up their heels and just eat I suppose. Sometimes it's just nice to let go and be free for a minute but that's likely not allowed. *in my robot voice* Must stay on diet.,..... must count macros.... must have protein... never go off diet for one second.... always stay on diet.... never stray from diet..... must stay in the cookie cutter..."

-
  • LazSommer
    Options

if i could possibly roll my eyes harder i would.

It does seem like you're struggling to let this go?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Agreed. I think we look at food the same way. If there's not enough protein it just isn't worth it, unless of course I've already hit my protein goal for the day, then bring it on! ;)

+1 I kept waiting for the protein. But it looks yummy! Love me some avocado!
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »

i just don't take well to mocking.
  • LazSommer
    Options

Why?
  • rainbowbow
    edited September 2016
    Options
    -
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Well, my breakfasts are usually pretty boring...unless it's the weekend.
  • LazSommer
    Options

Why?

because i'm not a robot :cry:

That explains the need for protein, I guess.
    Options

I hear eye rolling is GREAT exercise! Go on I'll join you! It'll be fun!