NES, binge eating, medication, help!

Hi all, so ive finally admitted i've a problem. For around 2 years i have been waking up into the middle of the night to eat. Recently ive been waking up feeling sick, anxious and shaky. Eating helps, but has a huge impact on my calories for the day and i feel terrible in the morning. Sometimes also this leads to a binge. For example after anxiety and night eating every night this week, I finally cracked and have been binging for 2 days 2 nights and am about 3000 calories over my limit, have gained 7lbs on the scale within a week.

Im going for a consultation on monday, mental then a meeting with the doctors. So what i wanted to ask is if anyone has had experience with this. Have you started a course of drugs that help such as fluoxitine (FYI i'm in the uk) that help. I've had 18months CBT when i had anorexia that did no good. What has worked best for you? I just want to be well informed of the options when i go in for my consultation.

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Hi :)

Yes - I have experienced this. I was referred to counselling to get to the bottom of my issues and why I thought I could solve them with the eating. It worked well for me but admittedly, it is something I will always have to be aware of. I am also on Fluxoetine (SP?) for anxiety and it does help to take the 'edge' off. I wish you the best of luck - you are doing the right thing in seeing your doctor.