What to eat with raw veggies???

2»

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    PennWalker wrote: »
    "Baby carrots" are a marketing term (at least in the USA). They are actually waste carrots that can't be sold whole because of their shape, so the carrot industry whittles them down -- and once they take off the skin, that carrot will mold/rot, so they bathe the carrots in chlorine bleach or something else that's foul you can taste.

Pay attention to the packaging - these are often sold as "baby CUT carrots." *eyeroll*
  • Light ranch dressing
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Cottage cheese!
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    graltney wrote: »
    Ok! thanks for the helpful advice. I should have said that I need something to grab quickly while at work or just needing a snack during the day that doesn't need to be prepared. In between patients, I don't have a lot of time, so it has to be a quick-grab kind of snack. I LOVE cooked veggies but that doesn't work for a quick-grab snack. I guess I was thinking veggies because of their bulk (fills you up) and low calorie.

Cucumber slices and grape tomatoes are my favorite grab & go raw veggies. I can eat those plain or with a dash of salt & grind of fresh pepper.
    For low cal dips, I like Bolthouse yogurt dressings or Tzatziki sauce. And Laughing Cow wedges are great on celery. The Aldi knockoff versions are good and only 25 cal.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,115 Member
    I agree with @StealthHealth. I eat things I like that fit in my calorie goal. I do not waste calories on foods I don't like. I don't care if they ate healthy or good for me. There are plenty of things that are good for me and healthy. If you don't like raw veggies then don't eat them. Eat them prepared in a way you like.
  • BrokeBirkin
    BrokeBirkin Posts: 73 Member
    hummus, yogurt dips, balsamic reduction, anything oil based, (usually low calorie and high in good fats) or make your own. You say you like cooked veggies but can't eat them to go, why not? Cook some up, throw them in a bag or tupperware, pop one in your mouth while at work. The other day I went to the store and literally looked at the calories on the back of every dip and dressing I could find that looked good to me. It was eye opening how some were so high and how low others were. You could even try to just throw some type of seasoning on them.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    low calorie dressing, in reasonable amounts.
  • AndrianaCH
    AndrianaCH Posts: 2 Member
    Hummas, peanut butter, salad dressing, salt and pepper with a little parmesan cheese on top.... yum :)
  • dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    Apple slices or orange wedges travel well. My fave dip for veggies is ricotta cheese. Super low fat and calories and not loaded with sodium. Dress it up with seasonings.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Salt.

If that's not cutting it, hummus is a good suggestion, but I love baba ganoush. Not only delicious, but a great use for extra eggplant!