For You 1500 Calorie Peeps...

Options
Hello!

For the people who are on a 1500 calories a day diet, how many calories do you typically burn or try to burn a day?

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Well this being a LIFESTYLE, and I eat 1600 thanks to IPOARM... I workout when my parents need something in town and I do ZR =}
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    When I workout I usually try to burn close to 300 ish or more. Also, you should be eating back your exercise calories according to this site, because it already has you on a lower caloric intake to help you lose weight. If you aren't eating back those calories you are not getting enough nutrition...
  • hdtracy
    hdtracy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My fitbit tells me my average that I burn in a day just going about my normal stuff is between 2,000 and 2,100. So I set it to 1,500 to have a ~500 calorie deficit :)
  • shirleylmartin
    shirleylmartin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I aim for around 300-400 calories burned a day during my workout.
  • jurgie18
    jurgie18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I try to burn 400 or more a day. We will see how it goes since I just started.
  • QueenWino
    QueenWino Posts: 106
    Options
    I've been focusing on making daily food menus that hit 1500 cals and are satisfying; am getting used to the reduced calories before I add on exercise. On days I do walk or swim I burn around 300 cals but I feel too justified in adding bad stuff to my diet. I need to get my nutrition needs ironed out, my mental state adjusted, and my appetite under control first and then get the serious physical activity going (I have over 100 lbs to lose so this is a slow process I've just begun). Bob Greene recommends food before exercise to accomplish this very thing, something I needed to get over 40 to believe!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Are you asking for comments from people actually *eating* 1500 calories, or *netting* 1500 calories?

I'm netting 1500 calories on maintenance. At "sedentary," MFP estimates my TDEE at 1540; I have to burn a couple hundred a day over BMR to make it to that (walking to and from the car, about three miles round trip, about covers it). But I like food and would prefer to eat more of it, so I usually aim somewhere between 1700 and 2200 TDEE. I don't count strength training.

When I was tracking to lose, I netted 1300 -- that's right around my BMR -- and would often net less than that. It feels kind of weird to net 1500 now.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am experimenting right now. I aim for 1600, and eat back ~200 of my exercise calories if I did circuit training. Not steady state cardio calories. But I am also hypothyroid and have been struggling for months now. According to MFP estimates, I burn 350-550.

I can eat 2000, the scale doesn't budge, even though that is supposed to be below my TDEE. 1800 is too many as well.