KFC!

Options
Hey everyone
Uhh i feel bad but...
I have been eating healthy for 3 months now
But today i just craved kfc idk...
I feel bad for eating it though
Is it okay?! Or did i just ruin my whole weight loss plan??

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    How much did you eat? Find out the calorie count for what you ate and work it into your daily calorie count.

If it is over by your daily calorie count and depending on your deficit, you may have just ate at maintenance today.

It's one day. Don't sweat it.

If you see a gain on the scale, a lot of it will be water retention from sodium in the food.
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    It's over. Pack it up and leave. That fried chicken went back in time and added fat, karate chopping all the good nutritional decisions you've ever made.

Just kidding. That's guilt and paranoia talking. Glad you enjoyed some KFC. As long as you're consistent, this will be a speed bump.... if that.

Is it ok? TOTALLY IS.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    yes, Colonel Sanders is satan. its over for you.
  • fatoomalrowaiei
    fatoomalrowaiei Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Dano74 wrote: »
    It's over. Pack it up and leave. That fried chicken went back in time and added fat, karate chopping all the good nutritional decisions you've ever made.

Just kidding. That's guilt and paranoia talking. Glad you enjoyed some KFC. As long as you're consistent, this will be a speed bump.... if that.

Is it ok? TOTALLY IS.
    Dude i almost cried when i read your comment please dont do that again
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options

Is it ok? TOTALLY IS.

good lord almighty :|
  • fatoomalrowaiei
    Options

Is it ok? TOTALLY IS.

Sorry that sounded bad. I had emojis and stuff but it didnt send,, lol thank you btw :))
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    One meal? You're all set.

Although if I were going to blow it all on fast-food fried chicken, I'd have chosen Popeye's. :)
  • fatoomalrowaiei
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    One meal? You're all set.

Although if I were going to blow it all on fast-food fried chicken, I'd have chosen Popeye's. :)

Hahaha umm......maybe next time! ;)
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    ;) Sorry to scare you, Lady! Chin up- You're just fine!
  • Mamatano
    Mamatano Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Once after 3 months is pretty ok. At least you satisfied your craving. Don't feel bad.
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. Just log it and get over it. One day is not going to mess up anyone's diet plan. As long as you are acknowledging it, you are on the right track. If it is something you really crave, maybe plan on one a month going and getting like a kid meal or something small (or getting two pieces of chicken and pairing it with a homemade salad.) That way you are getting something you love, but in moderation.
  • BrokeBirkin
    BrokeBirkin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You have never ruined your diet, everything is part of it. Log your kfc to see what it looks like, then learn from it. The only thing to always keep in mind is being better than you were before. So what are some bad habits you do after eating a meal like that? Whatever it is try to change it and make even eating bad a better habit than before. For instance if you usually laze around after a bad meal, go for a walk. If you usually have negative thoughts, tell yourself how much stronger you are and let it go. If 1 meal leads to more, make sure your next one is healthy. The key is to go forward.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    You could have KFC every single day if you wanted and still lose weight as long as you keep within your calories.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Don't sweat it. It is perfectly okay to kick your heels up now and then. Now there are some folks who don't think we should do that, but in reality your lifestyle should not be a prison. If you can't go out for something that you crave now and then what's the point. I stay off the junk for the most part because the more I eat it the more I want to eat it in quantity. If I only have these treats once in a while I am less likely to fall back into old habits. So yeah. Just enjoy it and keep going.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It's a bit of fried chicken... :huh:
  • fatoomalrowaiei
    Options
    Don't sweat it. It is perfectly okay to kick your heels up now and then. Now there are some folks who don't think we should do that, but in reality your lifestyle should not be a prison. If you can't go out for something that you crave now and then what's the point. I stay off the junk for the most part because the more I eat it the more I want to eat it in quantity. If I only have these treats once in a while I am less likely to fall back into old habits. So yeah. Just enjoy it and keep going.

Thank you for this... Yeah i used to eat 3meals every week
    Feeling heavy right now is a good thing ill always remember this feeling before i eat out again:)
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

This is what I was thinking... I used to regularly fit KFC and Popeye's into my diet. Add in some string beans and it's reasonable in calories.
  • fatoomalrowaiei
    Options
    You have never ruined your diet, everything is part of it. Log your kfc to see what it looks like, then learn from it. The only thing to always keep in mind is being better than you were before. So what are some bad habits you do after eating a meal like that? Whatever it is try to change it and make even eating bad a better habit than before. For instance if you usually laze around after a bad meal, go for a walk. If you usually have negative thoughts, tell yourself how much stronger you are and let it go. If 1 meal leads to more, make sure your next one is healthy. The key is to go forward.

I guess ill try walking
    Thank you for these kind words of yours
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone
    Uhh i feel bad but...
    I have been eating healthy for 3 months now
    But today i just craved kfc idk...
    I feel bad for eating it though
    Is it okay?! Or did i just ruin my whole weight loss plan??

You really need to stop the black and white good and bad thinking. Everything in moderation is ok.
  • fatoomalrowaiei
    Options

I know but 680 calories for a sandwich sucks :/
    Adding fries which is 300 poof almost 1000