I really shouldn't have, but....

Options
I just bought several new protein bar flavors. Got a box of Quest Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, Quest Blueberry Muffin, Oh Yeah ONE Lemon Cake and Oh Yeah ONE Chocolate Birthday Cake. My tummy will be happy when these arrive, but my wallet, not so much!

What are your opinions on the new/improved flavors?

Also, how do people get to try out the flavors in advance of them "premiering"? Is there some club? LOL

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Someone's been reading the forums. :p

You have to join quest labs to get the products before they're offered to the public. But that's really the only perk. No discounts or free shipping.

I loved the blueberry muffin and I don't like blueberries. It's sticky tho.

The oatmeal chocolate chip was good but I couldn't really taste the oatmeal part. Could be just me tho.

I liked the Oh Yeah birthday cake flavor so might check out the chocolate birthday cake one at some point.

Let us know how you like them!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I can't stand quest bars. They taste like chewy cardboard to me. If you like them, enjoy!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

I like 3 flavors: coconut cashew, mint, and cookies and cream. The rest taste like medicine to me.
    I do keep a box on hand, and go through phases with them. But never venture past those three kinds any more.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

You have to join quest labs to get the products before they're offered to the public. But that's really the only perk. No discounts or free shipping.

The oatmeal chocolate chip was good but I couldn't really taste the oatmeal part. Could be just me tho.

I liked the Oh Yeah birthday cake flavor so might check out the chocolate birthday cake one at some point.

Yes! The forums and IG have me convinced to try the new ones. I love most Quest Bars so I'm pretty sure I'll be a fan. I'll write a review when they get here!! :)
  • kredmonroe
    kredmonroe Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Yes! The forums and IG have me convinced to try the new ones. I love most Quest Bars so I'm pretty sure I'll be a fan. I'll write a review when they get here!! :)

I'm with you on this! I love quest bars! I find most companies make everything peanut butter flavored and I have nothing against peanut butter, I seriously hate it, but believe you and me I wish I liked it, life would be so easy! And so I stumbled upon Quest bars and I do love them! But I've been off my game for a while now and didn't realize all the new flavors! That's exciting! I don't always see them all (in the store) and ive never ordered them online, but with the amount I go through I probably should. There should be more promotions on them, discounts and such...wishful thinking :blush: but I'm definitely a loyal customer :smile: Happy Monday!
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love the oh yeah one lemon bar and I usually don't like lemon products at all. They always taste like pledge. Not this one!!
  • 3_Stefan_3
    3_Stefan_3 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Seem kind of overpriced for what they are. Wouldn't mind trying them though lol
  • Sarah_Shapes_Up
    Sarah_Shapes_Up Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I used to love quest bars, and now I can't stand them. I've switched to Power Crunch bars and Fit Crunch bars. They taste SO good!
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Oh Yeah One! Birthday Cake bars taste like Mother's Circus Animal cookies to me, which is why they keep me coming back. Haha.

I recently started getting ThinkThin High Protein bars. Fairly inexpensive (can find them at my local grocery store for about $1.50/each), about the same macros as quest, about 50 cals more, tho. I've been getting Lemon, Crunchy Peanut Butter, and Maple Almond! :)
  • peaceout_aly
    Options
    kredmonroe wrote: »

I'm with you on this! I love quest bars! I find most companies make everything peanut butter flavored and I have nothing against peanut butter, I seriously hate it, but believe you and me I wish I liked it, life would be so easy! And so I stumbled upon Quest bars and I do love them! But I've been off my game for a while now and didn't realize all the new flavors! That's exciting! I don't always see them all (in the store) and ive never ordered them online, but with the amount I go through I probably should. There should be more promotions on them, discounts and such...wishful thinking :blush: but I'm definitely a loyal customer :smile: Happy Monday!

I completely agree. Seems so crazy that they rarely offer discounts. I usually use my GNC discount coupons to get the usual flavors, and if there are specialty flavors that I want, I wait for free shipping on Quest's website
  • peaceout_aly
    Options
    3_Stefan_3 wrote: »
    Seem kind of overpriced for what they are. Wouldn't mind trying them though lol

That they are. But I love the taste and macros on them, so I stick with the brand. If only they had some sort of customer loyalty program!
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I do like the taste of Think Thin bars! I have them on occasion. I like the creamy and crunchy peanut butter ones. They have soy in them which I don't love, but I'll grab one here and there.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Both the oatmeal and blueberry are delicious, but really sweet. I wish they would come out with a savory bar like ham & cheese croissant. I know it sounds weird.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the new flavors but I don't like the new formula... too sweet and too much of an artificial aftertaste :(