Favorite Frozen Pizza or Take Out

Options

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »
    I love the newmans own roasted veggie pizza for a frozen one and the local place makes a good blt pizza. I get without mayo and put my own light mayo on at home

Am I reading that correctly? There is mayo on your pizza!? ::sick::
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    All frozen pizza sucks...so do pizza chains. There are two local joints here that I go to or get take out from when we're having pizza.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    If I had a gun to my head and someone said pick, then I would opt for Delissio brand, the Vintage ones. The base is thick enough to hold the toppings, but not so thick as to be doughy. Like so many others, I make pizza at home, but I buy the prepared crusts and then add on the toppings. We always have a couple of those crusts in the freezer for those wtf days. Caramelized onions, chicken and mushrooms are a great combo with whtever cheese you like, or I make one with ground beef, tomatoes and mushrooms thats really filling.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    chain in Phoenix called Rosati's. They make a Chicago style thin crust. :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    All frozen pizzas tastes like cardboard :confounded: However i have been converted... Dr Oetker pepperoni is really good, i add a few mushrooms and it's perfect. My hubby and i go halves and have a side salad with it, and it is only around 420 calories for 1/2 a pizza plus the negligible salad cals, which is plenty filling. When we order domino's etc i end up eating closer to 1000 calories!

tq4zubt3lin6.png

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    About once a year. Mineo's. Both very expensive and very high calorie. But oh so gooey cheesey good. (they put the toppings under the cheese.)

9000409_orig.jpg

More often
    Tombstone stuffed crust meat lovers

Take out favorite. Vocelli's build your own. Thin crust. Red sauce, mozzarella, spinach, mushroom, artichoke and sausage.

I also admit to loving Hawaiian pizza.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,913 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    All frozen pizzas tastes like cardboard :confounded: However i have been converted... Dr Oetker pepperoni is really good, i add a few mushrooms and it's perfect. My hubby and i go halves and have a side salad with it, and it is only around 420 calories for 1/2 a pizza plus the negligible salad cals, which is plenty filling. When we order domino's etc i end up eating closer to 1000 calories!

tq4zubt3lin6.png

Yep, if we're not going to go to Dominos, that's what we have! :)

I have a whole pepperoni (as seen in the photo) and he has a tandori chicken or some other flavour.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'd sell a body part for a Happy Joe's Special. I never would have believed when someone told me that there was a pizza that was Canadian Bacon and Saurkraut, and that it was amazing, but it is.

I'd sell a smaller body part for a decent sausage and green olive pizza. Sigh.

I've never found a frozen pizza I'd cross the road for.

• courtcassiefit
    courtcassiefit Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    dominos all the way for me!
    palermos thin crust cheese lovers is so yummy for a frozen pizza
  • Lulaica
    Lulaica Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    We generally do Domino's for convenience (there's a shop right outside our neighborhood, so it's quick to get to or get to us), though we tried a nearby Papa Murphy's and were supper pleased with them. We may be making that our usual pizza place.

When we do frozen, it's Screamin' Sicilian all the way. They've got some amazing pizzas and we've yet to meet one of their pizzas that we didn't love.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Locally, I am a Cam's fan: camspizzeria.com/. If I'm going frozen, it's got to be Tree Tavern but it's hard to find here in CNY...
  • JessicaJune
    JessicaJune Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love Dominoes BUT it certainly hates me! Here's an alternative:

I make pizza from scratch at least once or twice a week, and it ISN'T half as time consuming as it sounds! I start off with a roll of pre-made dough (usually from Whole Foods or even a deli like Kroger). I roll it out and sprinkle olive oil, roasted garlic, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper on top and then par bake it until it just starts turning golden on the underside. Then, I chop up marinated artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, sundried tomatoes, red onion, pieces of mozzarella cheese, and feta dressing (low fat) and finish it off with fresh parsley. Put that baby back in the oven for a while until everything melts and the crust turns fully golden, and voila! Meditteranean pizza that is homemade wherein you know every single ingredient! I usually serve this with a spring mix salad comprised of greens, roasted brussel sprouts, pine nuts, and a bit of champagne vinaigrette. :)

Jessica

• Caitlinbc
    Caitlinbc Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I like the California Pizza Kitchen frozen pizzas. Pretty good for frozen.

As for take out, I like local chains.

If I had to choose a national chain, I'd go with Pizza Hut.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Amy's or Trader Joe's has decent frozen pizzas. Too thin... not enough pow! for me though.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    There is a local chain in Columbia called Shakespeare's Pizza and it is amazing! Otherwise dominos is always good if you're craving pizza and want something cheap and quick. My favorite frozen pizza is Home Run Inn (which they don't sell in Columbia - maybe it's a Chicago thing!).
    Homemade is good too, although I always have issues with the dough not cooking in the middle, but that is probably because I put too many toppings on it!

I just love pizza :)

Hah, we love Shakespeares! But their frozen pizzas are just not that good, compared to the original. I prefer to order their parbaked pizzas and finish baking it at home later, turns out much better than their frozen ones.
  • maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    In Jersey City, we have Krispy Pizza. Their best pie is their square "Grandma" pizza!
    Just a cheese/sauce pie with basil. The sauce is so tasty! I've been known to save my calories so I can eat half a pie!

I live in JC as well and am OBSESSED with Krispy pizza! It's by far the best pizza I've ever had and I also save calories to eat half a pie. Love the Grandma but their vodka pizza is also amazing :)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I'll drive an hour to get this pizza. We typically pick up a few frozen and keep them in the freezer.

http://hillsidepizza.com/
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    For frozen, I like Amy's Pesto Pizza and Whole Foods Arugula and Stracchiatella(sp?) pizzas. The last one I dress up with anchovies. But I really don't get frozen pizza often. Even the ones I like just aren't all that great.

The best place for pizza around here is Cane Rosso, but you'd better want Neapolitan style. They will not cook it longer to make the crust crispy. For New York style, Grimaldi's is good. Also, if you want to take it home the crust will stand up to a 20min drive. There's also a particular pizza I love at Taverna, which is not a pizza place at all (pear, walnut, gorgonzola).
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    for frozen, we get the cheap cheese red baron's classic crust and then doctor it. We add minced mushrooms, peppers, shallots, and garlic. Very tasty and around 410 calories for a quarter of the pizza with the veggies.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Dominos stuffed crust pepperoni with barbeque sauce.
    We make our own homemade pizza occasionally but despite numerous attempts have never managed to create a passable stuffed crust :(