Geeky mom of 2!

Options
FluffyRhino
FluffyRhino Posts: 21 Member
edited September 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello! I'm Fluffy, a 31-year-old homeschooling mom of 2, and I'm at MyFitnessPal trying to counteract the effects (namely increased blood pressure and rapid pulse) of my anxiety disorder. I am keeping my sodium around 1500mg, sticking to the daily goals, and getting at least 30 minutes of walking in a day. After a week of it my resting heart rate is down and I have been feeling great!

v3khfm93og10.jpg

A bit more about me... I'm pansexual, polyamorous, and agnostic, a happy geek who would rather be reading or playing video games. I love making costumes for my children and get so much joy out of teaching them and watching them explore the world.
As I mentioned above, I homeschool my kids, which for us means getting out and going to museums, parks, and other events. My getting more active means we spend even less time actually in our home, which they're (mostly) happy about. Mom being more active means kids being more active!

Here is my 10-year-old and my 4-year-old as Sans and Mettaton Ex from the game Undertale:

2yr7qr3p6q6l.jpg
0ncbx8f6rjbg.jpg

Here they are on a typical day of homeschooling, picnicking during a walk at one of the local metroparks:

yvjxo70xj17h.jpg

So ... Hello! Here's hoping I can continue to make a difference in my health this time around and not lose motivation after a couple months like I usually do!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You have a beautiful family, and I love that you're getting yourself AND them out and about. Way to go!

Welcome to MFP. :)