Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Any new moms?

I am currently breastfeeding and am trying to do this and keep up my milk supply. This is my 3rd baby so I know if I don't keep the weight off now it will go too far and make for a harder time later. My hormones make me crave sugar! So far I don't believe my supply has been effected but was wondering what yalls calorie intake is daily!

Replies

• cmteinakore13
    cmteinakore13 Posts: 3 Member
    I Was Just Going To Write a Post On This Subject :smile: My Daily Calorie Intake Is 1200 But Should It Be More Since I'm Breastfeeding??
    I'd Love To Know Also :)
  • ysoto2014
    ysoto2014 Posts: 25 Member
    I am doing 1800 (all good stuff) I do things to keep my production up. I have these protein balls:
    Flax seed
    Peanut butter
    Honey
    Rolled oats
    Dark chocolate

So it helps my craving and has things that are helpful with milk and low calories! I believe they recommend more calories than the usual 1200 but check with your doc my midwifes had me bump it up.
  • manning2882
    manning2882 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm doing about a 1300 calorie intake a day. Iv been told you should intake 1800 calories. But everyone is different. When I crave sugar I head for a granola bar, or a spoon full of peanut butter, healthy and kicks the cravings. Also try drinking some pineapple juice, this helps me after I work out (everyday) to keep a good supply. Iv been doing this for about a month and I'm very active and my supply has actually gone up, I pump an average of 20 oz extra a day.