Looking for friends with fitness goals!

Options
_L_A_
_L_A_ Posts: 170 Member
edited September 2016 in Getting Started
Hi there, I'd love to have some friends who see the importance of keeping active and incorporate exercise in their lifestyle. I'm trying to re-incorporate regular exercise after some time having been doing sporadic exercise and times of doing very little exercise as well. Anyway here's my about me, if you have a similar ethos or goals then I'd love to have you as a friend!

I want to have a healthier lifestyle where fitness and exercise are normal parts of it and my food choices are well balanced and nutritious. My main focus is going to be incorporating fitness in to my lifestyle, to do this I have come up with an exercise regime to follow, I will continue to follow it until exercising becomes a habit, if I am enjoying this specific regime I will of course continue as it is then.

My exercise regime follows a 2 week cycle as follows, where arm day and leg day are mainly strength training but both also include an abs workout. Cardio days will be anything from running to swimming to an exercise class.

M leg day
Tu arm day
W cardio
Th rest day
F leg day
Sa cardio
Su rest day

M arm day
Tu leg day
W cardio
Th rest day
F arm day
Sa cardio
Su rest day

I aim for my calorie intake to always be in the red (currently more than 1930kcal) but to be conscious not to eat excessively. I am tracking my macros and have a goal of 45:30:25 (C:F:P)

I have a list of goals, mostly all exercise related for example a 60 second plank, a pull up, squatting 50kg, 5 park runs, a sub-30 5K run and many many more. I have assigned each one a monetary value between £1 and £15 depending on how difficult I believe the goal to be. When I complete the goal that reward will go in to a jar towards a holiday next summer, the more goals I complete the better or longer the holiday I can afford! Each week I stick to my fitness regime I will also be putting £5 in to the pot.

I am going to be weighing myself every 30 days and no more frequently than that due to past obsession with the scale. As long as I feel fit and healthy, can physically do all the things I want to do, am losing fat, getting stronger and happy with my body, it doesn't matter what the scale says. I will take progress pictures every 30 days too just out of interest to see if there's any noticeable difference in my physique.

Thanks for reading! Fell free to add me!

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    No chest day? No back day? Shoulders?
  • _L_A_
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    No chest day? No back day? Shoulders?

Chest, back and shoulders are all included in arms day :smile:

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    So upper body day and lower body day. Got ya.
  • _L_A_
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    So upper body day and lower body day. Got ya.

Yep that's a much more accurate description :D