Fitbit anyone?

Options
I've got a few friends with the app, but I noticed they don't use it much anymore. I have nobody to challenge and no motivation to get steps in. Anyone out there interested in friending me on Fitbit for some motivation?

Replies

• SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I will hijack (and bump) your thread to ask if anyone has opinions about which one is the best value for money. There are a lot of different kinds of Fitbits!
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Add me: //www.fitbit.com/user/4GVHFV ! I have the fitbit Charge HR, I really like it. I don't need all the things the newer ones can do and it's pretty tough. The Fitbit website quizzes you on your needs and goals to find which one you'd like most.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I will hijack (and bump) your thread to ask if anyone has opinions about which one is the best value for money. There are a lot of different kinds of Fitbits!

I only have the Fitbit One, so I can't speak for the other models, but I really love it. I've found it to be completely accurate for me.
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have the flex. I really like it. I completely abuse mine (shower, taken into the ocean several times, etc.) and its still running perfectly after 2 years. I've worn through some bands and chargers over the year, but the expensive part works great. I love being able to change the bands! I am a pretty low tech person, so the basic one works for me.
  • RodneyCornelius
    RodneyCornelius Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have both the Charge HR and the Flex.

The Charge HR is my daily band and it has everything I need. I have the Flex only because that the first tracker I purchased, but like Aliem, I use it occasionally when I am going on vacations or festivals where there is a high likelihood that I will be covered in dirt or just running into the ocean or swimming pool (then I don't have to think about it).

If you want to count more than just steps and sleep, go with a Charge or higher version (and wait a few weeks because the new version of Fitbit are coming out and they will include features not available to the previous generation of their wearables.
  • rcktgirl05
    rcktgirl05 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and I love it. Price should be coming down because they just released the Charge 2. I've seen the HR on OfferUp for $50 recently. I needed a heart rate tracker because I play hockey and wanted a more accurate estimate of my calorie burn for that. I'm also looking for Fitbit friends!
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I have both the Charge HR and the Flex.

The Charge HR is my daily band and it has everything I need. I have the Flex only because that the first tracker I purchased, but like Aliem, I use it occasionally when I am going on vacations or festivals where there is a high likelihood that I will be covered in dirt or just running into the ocean or swimming pool (then I don't have to think about it).

If you want to count more than just steps and sleep, go with a Charge or higher version (and wait a few weeks because the new version of Fitbit are coming out and they will include features not available to the previous generation of their wearables.

Thanks for the advice. I'm considering it as something for my husband to get me for Christmas, so won't be shopping right away - but it's good to know to wait.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Love my Fitbit HR.
    Feel free to add me, I am totally motivated by those challenges!
    I think you can search me by my email
    juliebowman4@yahoo.ca
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One as well and love it. I do not like "wearing" things on my wrist or ankle - I don't wear jewelry of any sort. The One is perfect as I can clip it to my bra or my pants pocket and not even notice it is there.

I have a daily goal of 12,500 steps, 30 floors, 5.5 miles, and 45 mins of exercise minimum per day. I was out of commission for a while due to losing my fitbit in the laundry (oops) and forgetting it from time to time but I try to get my daily goals met on a regular basis.

If anyone wants to friend me on Fitbit and do challenges, my user name is Karen R and here is my URL: https://www.fitbit.com/user/4DCYCZ (my middle name is Elizabeth which is where my MFP user name of wizzybeth comes from ha ha). Just tell me you're from MFP so I know why you want to be my friend. :smiley:
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have the FLex...got it for Christmas and it's the best present I've ever received! Major benefits, especially if you're a numbers person! Feel free to add me! I average anywhere from 6000-16000, depending on the day! I'm easy to beat if you get me on the right day..lol! :p
    www.fitbit.com/user/42JG9G
  • liannerice22
    liannerice22 Posts: 16 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Feel free to add me
    www.fitbit.com/user/3KTNCS
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    If you're starting new, the new Charge 2 is really a terrific model. It has all the best features at a pretty decent price point.
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    Feel free to add me
    www.fitbit.com/user/3KTNCS

My black lab is my fitbit profile pic! :)
  • Skee_2802
    Skee_2802 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    New to fitbit too, just purchased the fitbit charge 2. Don't know how to add people but would like to add some mates on fitbit too... feel free to add me
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    You have to post the URL to your Fitbit profile or at least your email address. can't find you otherwise
  • songbird13291
    songbird13291 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. songbird13291@gmail.com
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I have the HR.
    Feel free to add me public url: //www.fitbit.com/user/243KC5

• STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    You can add me.... //www.fitbit.com/user/3J5F8B
    MrSkee2016 wrote: »
    New to fitbit too, just purchased the fitbit charge 2. Don't know how to add people but would like to add some mates on fitbit too... feel free to add me

I am so jealous. I would love to get the charge2. It mos def is on my shopping list.
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Just got the Fit Bit Alta yesterday as a gift from my husband. I'm loving it so far!
  • Skipping_Girl
    Skipping_Girl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please add me hello.intosimple@gmail.com would love some competition :)