LADIES-

Options
2»

Replies

• amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    While my periods are heavy compared to my sister's (she's on the same b/c as I, hers last 4 days EXTREMELY light and no need for a pad at night as it stops dead...I have a 5-day cycle with the first two days being heavy) I make it a priority to do a few things during TOM.

One is to workout as normal and this is for two reasons: First, helps with bloating and for me helps lighten my flow a bit (exercise will do that...High-performance athletes have very light to no periods) And secondly I don't experience cramps can just tell almost not noticeably that I get a contraction (not painful, like cramps) But when I first started my period when I was 9 while I was physically active the cramps would go away and come back when I stopped.

Just eat more if you need it, make sure you're getting all your required nutrients especially iron which you may be lacking during TOM and be sure to keep well-hydrated
  • cats847
    cats847 Posts: 131
    Options
    I don't work out the first one or two days. My periods are very painful and make me feel horrible. I rest for a couple of days, no need to be "hardcore" all the time. Some say that exercise makes them feel better, and that's great, but that's definitely not the case for me. I make sure to eat some red meat or other iron-rich foods during that time to prepare me to get back to working out later.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i work out as if it was any other day.
  • skinnygal05
    skinnygal05 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I get sweet cravings, bad. I work out harder and get healthy snacks.