Hi From Chicago!

Hello. I am Angel. I am 32 years old, and currently reside in Chicago. I am here basically because I need to lose a total of 150 pounds. 149 now that I had my last weigh-in. I either lose the weight on my own, or I will need to have weight loss surgery since my weight is starting to cause physical issues regarding my mobility, and I was recently diagnosed as a diabetic. I have been on myfitnesspal for about a week before I even thought to post an introduction.

My main goal is to lose enough weight that I am at a proper weight for my height, but most of all reverse my Type 2 diabetes, before I get to the point that I will need insulin shots instead of just medication.

Replies

• theclaw900
    theclaw900 Posts: 321 Member
    I'm in the 'burbs, Glen Ellyn. this is a good place, you will find alot of support here.

What advice have you gotten about your T2 Diabetes? (my son is T1)

best,
    JK
  • 2MuchTyme
    2MuchTyme Posts: 129 Member
    Central Illinois here. And 140 to go here too
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Hi Angel - Welcome! :)
    Break your 149 lbs into smaller increments (Example: 7 lbs a month or whatever is realistic for you!). You'll enjoy reaching your individual mini-goals and it'll make the entire process seem a little less daunting. I promise, promise, promise you can do this.