Workout ideas with kids

Options
So i have 2 daughters 3y.o and 5y.o what are some workouts i can do at home that preferably include them ??

Replies

• leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Disco Dance Party! We use party lights and turn up music. They love it!
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Simon says with pysical activity, musical chairs, who can do the most and choose an exercise. put them on your legs and lift them, on your back and do a pushup, piggy back and walk, skip down the road, hop on one foot, crab walk.......
  • OblasMummy
    OblasMummy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    We play tig and when my 4 year old catches me he tells me what to do (10 burpees, push-ups, jump over that wall, climb that tree, go say hello to that man!) it can go off track but I still get a good sweat on and we all run around outside. I've also been known to use my children for bench press and leg raises.
  • sbnormal
    sbnormal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wii games, Zumba, and Yoga!
  • ElizaD1313
    ElizaD1313 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    When my little brother was 5 he adored work out videos. Didn't really follow them but enjoyed jumping around while our mother did, especially dancing ones
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    Options
    I'm a coach so......I made my kids compete all of the time. They once had a plank competition in the doctors room while waiting for him. They killed it at 4+ minutes and then the doc walked in so they had to stop. I think they were 4 and 7 at the time. When she was 4 my daughter wanted to run lines in the backyard. Lol things changed 10 years later...but it was good when she was little. That said, she is now 1500 miles away at school and works out on her own.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Put on any workout video you like and let them try along with you.
  • acampbe2umd
    acampbe2umd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My kids are 3, 6 and 8 for perspective. We do plank, sit-up, push up challenges. We run circuits too (10 push ups, sprint around the yard, 10 body weight squats, sprint around the yard, repeat or some variation). Family bike rides. Basketball games of PIG. I run as well, so the older 2 will also accompany me on hill training.