Heel Pain

Options
Dealing with this issue and started using inserts for all shoes. Added stretching exercise of standing on a step on the ball of my foot which has had a moderate impact. Any others dealing with this issue that can offer suggestions? It has been about three months and I can get around okay but I was walking 5 to 6 miles 4/5 days a week prior to the pain. Thanks in advance for any ideas or treatment suggestions.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I would ask your doctor. Three months of dealing with pain is no fun. It sounds like you need to rest your feet with no walking. Take up swimming or cycling
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Get checked for plantar fasciitis. The pain presents in the heel, and it sucks. Had 2 cortisone shots, orthopedic inserts & still walked like an old man. It bothered me for years, and it ended up giving me back & hip problems. Finally went to a place that uses Active Release Therapy (ART). The actually get in the arch & work the area breaking up the scar tissue. I've never been a runner, but after getting ART, I ran a 10K & have had very little problem ever since.

I can't recommend ART highly enough.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Plantar fasciitis roll a tennis ball along your foot to stretch out the tendon and also freeze water bottles and do this too. I would see a doctor about this also.