Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    2 eggs a day? Yummy!
  • oceandaisies
    oceandaisies Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs almost every day :) I have a small flock of chickens in my front yard (I live in a tiny tiny rural community). I eat hard boiled eggs as a quick snack or soft boiled/poached/over easy for breakfast or an omelet for any meal! And when we are overrun with eggs, they sell quickly to friends and family! My dietician and doctor both think they are a great source of protein.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,989 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 boiled eggs almost everyday with my breakfast.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Actually, hard boiled eggs are fine (refrigerated) for up to one week.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Love eggs! I have 2 poached with an English muffin!
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I eat 1-2 eggs a day...staves off hunger pains...I have mine with a slice of toast each morning. protein, fat and carbs....
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I eat 1-2 eggs a day...staves off hunger pains...I have mine with a slice of toast each morning. protein, fat and carbs....

I do the same with mine. Excellent breakfast.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    4 eggs every morning. Love em!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I consume anywhere between 6-12 eggs (or egg whites) daily. They're a fantastic source of protein.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    yep im another who eats loads of eggs
  • DaisyChain80
    DaisyChain80 Posts: 109 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I eat eggs everyday for breakfast, really good for you and low in calorie
  • KevinPsalm23v4
    KevinPsalm23v4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Eggs are an excellent source of Choline; 2 eggs give almost 300mg - which - is a water soluble "B" vitamin family. Choline plays an important role in reducing the risk of neural tube defects, fatty liver disease, and other pathologies. Choline supplementation can be used in the treatment of liver disorders, hepatitis, glaucoma, atherosclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, bipolar disorder and possibly other neurological disorders. Choline has also been shown to have a positive effect on those suffering from alcoholism.

Choline is also shown to promote appetite suppression.

• lilsteig
    lilsteig Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    4 egg whites daily here! :)
  • polabearbote
    polabearbote Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Eggs are good source of protein and also it's complete in all the essential amino acids the body needs so I think there is no problem with that
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Sara1791 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Eggs are a delicious whole food...my wife and I do vegetarian 3-4 days per week and we eat a lot of eggs and we're considering getting chickens in the spring so that we can get our own eggs right here at home...dietary cholesterol really isn't a concern for most people...for most people, dietary cholesterol has no bearing on blood serum levels.

Keeping chickens is fun. The one thing that annoys me is that they drop off production in the winter so we've had to get more and more hens and then in the springtime we have more eggs than we know what to do with.

Your local food bank would probably be immensely grateful for any spare eggs you might have in the spring and summer. I wish I were being overrun with eggs (I live in a city where chickens are illegal) but regrettably I'm just overrun with eggplants, LOL. Not quite as tasty. They gratefully take all my spare produce regardless.

Or, like thrifty farm wives have known across the centuries, maybe there is a market among your friends and neighbors for free-range eggs. We pay $3/dozen for eggs from my daughter's riding stable, and they will last for months if the dirt and "bloom" are not wiped off till just before use. Have you tested how long your eggs will last in the fridge? The more I have the chance to observe real free-range chickens and real eggs, the more amazed I am at the miracles of animals literally turning crap (they LOVE living in a stable!) into gold (with the most intensely colored yolks you have ever seen).
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I also have no cholesterol problems

Eggs have little affect on blood cholesterol levels for most people. Just get your yearly checkups and as long as your levels are fine then enjoy your eggs.
  • Exquisitern
    Exquisitern Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the helpful information. I'm a nurse but I appreciate everyone on here helping. I lost 4.4 lbs this week by starting walking, maintaining approximately 1200 calories a day. Thanks again for all of the support!
  • edugan001
    edugan001 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge at all times. I have one with my breakfast and also have them on hand for a quick snack.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    1 whole egg + 3 whites every morning for me sprinkled with sharp cheddar, along with 3-4 pieces of turkey bacon. Tasty!
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I don't eat beef or pork because I don't digest it well. But I eat one egg with 2 egg whites everyday.