Keeping up motivation during stalls

Options
I had a goal of losing 20lbs, I have lost 6 and am stalled. The weight was coming off slow to begin with since I didn't have that much to lose but not it had been stalled for about 3 weeks. As a result of the stall I have gotten discouraged and a bit sloppy with my tracking.

Just wondering what everyone does to keep your motivation up during the stalls?

Thanks!

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    If you are stalling check that your calorie goal is in line with your weight now you have lost 6 lbs.

Your goal should be .5 lbs a week with under 15 lbs to go.

Instead of slacking off in your logging tighten it up!

Is there anything that you are taking for granted and guesstimating instead of weighing? Peanut butter, slices of bread, fruit, oils and dressings.

Most people have a stall at some point. The best thing to do is check your numbers and trust the method. TOM, extra salt, a strenuous workout can all temporarily stall the scale, with water weight, while you are still losing fat.

Cheers, h.
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I like to do measurements. Sometimes the weight on my scale stalls, but my measurements go down. I usually measure myself once a week or every other week. Also, pay attention to how you feel and how your clothes fit. Sometimes, just feeling great and full of energy is enough to keep me going!