Tired.. should I exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. Just go extra hard next time you're in the gym and make healthy food choices tomorrow. Maybe stretch or do some light ab circuits at-home if you feel the need to be active for the day.

I know I should "listen to my body" but my brain says, "Don't be a *kitten*, go lift the damned weight" so i do that instead.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    CipherZero wrote: »
    Listen to your body. Just go extra hard next time you're in the gym and make healthy food choices tomorrow. Maybe stretch or do some light ab circuits at-home if you feel the need to be active for the day.

I know I should "listen to my body" but my brain says, "Don't be a *kitten*, go lift the damned weight" so i do that instead.

That's me today too. If you can push through and feel good enough to push through, then do it!
  • muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    Options

That's me today too. If you can push through and feel good enough to push through, then do it!

guess what? today I was outta home and tired then came back home just wanting to chill and drink some tea then I turned on the music and worked out :-)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

guess what? today I was outta home and tired then came back home just wanting to chill and drink some tea then I turned on the music and worked out :-)

You get three atta girls. :):)
  • Anvil_Head
    Anvil_Head Posts: 251 Member
    Options

When I feel too tired to go to the gym (unless it's flat out exhaustion from lack of sleep or whatever), I tell myself to just go and make it an easy day - doing anything is better than doing nothing. That mindset makes it easier to handle. Once I get to the gym, the motivation kicks in and I end up having a good (and full) workout. The biggest battle is just getting myself to go when I feel like that....once I get over that hurdle, everything else falls into place.
  • jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    the answer to that question is always YES GO TO THE DAMN GYM :wink:
  • CipherZero
    Options
    Anvil_Head wrote: »

When I feel too tired to go to the gym (unless it's flat out exhaustion from lack of sleep or whatever), I tell myself to just go and make it an easy day - doing anything is better than doing nothing. That mindset makes it easier to handle. Once I get to the gym, the motivation kicks in and I end up having a good (and full) workout. The biggest battle is just getting myself to go when I feel like that....once I get over that hurdle, everything else falls into place.

Likewise. I've had "too tired" days where I broke my own records with ease. Once the warm-up sets are in, I can judge pretty well how the main lifts are going to work.
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    you inspire me, but I have found something that when my mind and head is not in the workout I cannot function well. . it is toooooooo tiring like when you just got out of bed then have to do strength training :'( this is hard I wish it doesn't repeat again!
  • CipherZero
    Options
    you inspire me, but I have found something that when my mind and head is not in the workout I cannot function well. . it is toooooooo tiring like when you just got out of bed then have to do strength training :'( this is hard I wish it doesn't repeat again!

It will repeat, as obstacles do throughout all of life. How you react to it is the difference between succeeding and failing at whatever the obstacle blocks.
  • sarahjen92
    sarahjen92 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If I only worked out when I wasn't tired...I wouldn't be working out too much! And most of the time it makes me feel better afterward...mentally and physically.

If I'm fatigued or know it's my body telling me to take a break, I try to listen and rest. Activity is a daily part of my life, so exercising on top of it can sometimes be too much.

What time do you have to get up mornings? Because for me, nothing would be happening after 10pm! I would only get like 4 or 5 hours of sleep, and that just isn't healthy.
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options

It will repeat, as obstacles do throughout all of life. How you react to it is the difference between succeeding and failing at whatever the obstacle blocks.

ughhhhhhh it was bad, my mind was somewhere else I cannot concentrate as I used to
  • laurenorio
    laurenorio Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do it!! :)