Ooooooh boy, did I screw up...

Options
Suffice to say, pizza to myself, dough balls and cinnamon knots. (Damn you Papa John's and damn my lack of freaking willpower!)

So. Given that I've probably screwed up the last two weeks hard work with this, any tips for working off the excess so I haven't lost two weeks of being good? (We are talking waaaaay over the calorie count I should have.)

Replies

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. We have parties and get together type things and I eat what I want all day when we do. I've exceeded my calorie goal for a day in alcohol alone during some of them. :smile:

A few bad days here and there won't mess with your goals much. Making a habit of bad days will.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Unless you ate around 7,000 calories you likely did not mess up the past 2 weeks. I know it feels huge, but just call it a fun food day and keep rolling. It's totally fine to have a treat sometimes.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better - anytime I have done the same thing, it usually does not throw off my numbers too much. (Meaning my weight might go up slightly, but that is about it.) You can't take it back, but you can get right back on track to keep everything going. Don't beat yourself up too much over it, and maybe just do a little extra sweating the next few days. You got this!!
  • dreamsignals
    dreamsignals Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it and carry on.

Build cheat days into your nutrition plan, which should help you not over do it when you get a craving, and still keep you accountable. After all, you're still going to have to add that 300-calorie donut to the food tracker. Cheat day could be when you reward yourself for the extra 20 minutes of cardio you just did.

Over time, knock your cheat day to half a donut, then to whole wheat muffin (which at least will have more protein), and so on. A cup of greek yogurt with two tablespoon of almond butter (something that to me tastes like desert) will have a ton more nutrition than, and about the same calorie count as a donut. And definitely satiates me more. Find your nutritious desert. Making a smoothie? Throw some cocoa powder in there.

Most of us here are trying to change our eating habits in a sustainable way, and cutting out all the foods we like is probably not realistic. Re-educating ourselves should take us straight past "being good" for two weeks, and that could still include some pizza here and there.

Log everything, even the binging. For me, nothing like seeing all those extra calories coming from saturated fat and sugar to set me back straight.

All the best.
  • rcktgirl05
    rcktgirl05 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Get back on track tomorrow, and I would suggest not weighing yourself tomorrow and possibly the next day. Like others have said, you won't lose all progress over a day of eating poorly, but you will likely retain water which can be depressing on the scale. You know you did it, move on. No point in verifying it tomorrow morning!
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Life happens. We've all been there. My husband recently deployed. In the two weeks before he left we went out almost every night, dinner, drinks with friends, etc. I put on 10 lbs in that time. Most of it was, blessedly, water. He's been gone a week and I'm back to where I was before our "bender". Just get right back up on that horse and keep riding. It'll be okay!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    SOOOOOO much good advice here. Listen to these people, OP. We've been there. We're all still moving forward. It's a bit like me taking a week off from pulling weeds. They're bigger, harder to get out, but I can still do it. I just need a little time :blush:
  • Kelbelb75
    Kelbelb75 Posts: 90 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Move on and try to learn from this. We all (99% of us) screw up at some point. Don't beat yourself up too hard. You can do this!!
  • Woodsmoke
    Woodsmoke Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    :*<3o:) Love you guys ^.^ thankyou for the advice xx