Geeks Unite!

Options
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away ...

7k0y5icny0pg.png

Hey, there seems to be a support group for just about everyone, so I thought I'd start a thread specifically for geeky members. Bring your sonic screwdrivers, your salt and iron, your pokemon, the key to 221B, your moogles and whatever else you think you'll need and post your name here for your fellow geeky buddies to find. Add me, let's be accountability buddies!

Replies

• FluffyRhino
    FluffyRhino Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    About me :

zfegy0ekjb77.jpg

Hello! I'm FluffyRhino, you can call me Fluffy. I'm a 31-year-old homeschooling mom of 2. I'm non-religious, pansexual and polyamorous. If you don't know what that all means, that's OK! I'm an avid reader and gamer, a SuperWhoLockian, Harry Potter addict. I'm both Wars and Trek, I can't choose between them. My favorite Starfleet Capitan is either Jean Luc or Janeway. I'm here at MyFitnessPal because I am trying to limit my sodium and get more physically active to combat symptoms of my anxiety disorder.

I'm active daily, I'm a serial starter but I'd really like this time to stick, so please help me stay accountable with my tracking!!

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    nun3mv1m3q8b.jpg

Hi Fluffy! I am a 29 year old single female. I worked as a youth counselor, then a case manager, but lost my job when I had a flare up last winter. So now I am trying to get my health back on track. Even though I eventually need to start gaining weight, right now I am less focused on calories and more on nutrient density, stress management, and exercise. I am obsessed with Harry Potter (still would be willing to marry Ron) and the Walking Dead - it's almost October! I think Katniss made the right choice with Peta, and I recently discovered my love for Masterpiece Mysteries, especially Midsommer Murders.

The day I start doing burpees is when Hell freezes over.
  • FluffyRhino
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Morning Bump! :)
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sam, and I'm a 23 year old female, recently transplanted from New England to Texas. :# Trying to lose the weight I put on when my relationship started, and then like 10-15 on top of that! I'm the opposite of most, focused solely on weight loss before I move on to fitness, mostly out of laziness. Also working on ADD management and, because they go hand in hand sometimes, generalized and social anxiety management.

I've been a whovian for 10 years now, although admittedly I didn't finish the last season because I just really need moffat to pass the torch. His time of writing quality content is admittedly over, and this season was painful. Also obsessed with BBC's Sherlock, and Moriarty is forever my fav. I tend to like the crazies in TV shows.

Anyway, hi all! It's nice to meet you :smile:
  • FluffyRhino
    Options
    I've been a whovian for 10 years now, although admittedly I didn't finish the last season because I just really need moffat to pass the torch. His time of writing quality content is admittedly over, and this season was painful.

Yessssss.
    I haven't been a fan of his stories since he's been the show runner - or his characters.
  • FluffyRhino
    Options
    I just discovered this today, if any of you have kids - or are kids at heart. Cosmic Kids Yoga has a Star Wars adventure, a Harry Potter adventure, Frozen, robots, under-the-sea .. the videos are actually really fun and unlike many kids' yoga videos, the woman leading it doesn't seem condescending. (Some kids' show hosts are so obnoxious.)
    The 4-year-old did the entire 24 minute Star Wars adventure with me without getting bored once! He likes yoga but typically 10 minutes is his limit. I did it with him because - hey, yoga is yoga. I actually enjoyed myself! And I was pleased with her summary of Star Wars : A New Hope.
    Check it out here, if you're interested!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEPxPkQY6V8
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I've been a whovian for 10 years now, although admittedly I didn't finish the last season because I just really need moffat to pass the torch. His time of writing quality content is admittedly over, and this season was painful.

Yessssss.
    I haven't been a fan of his stories since he's been the show runner - or his characters.

Yeah. I know he's leaving and someone else is taking over.. maybe one person will actually start writing all the episodes again, instead of random guest writers for every episode, so it can have some sort of continuity or plot? I just don't care about any of the characters and hardly see any development in them at all. It's really a shame. It seems like his only hook is when the doctor changes. "Look, this one is really spiteful!" "Matt Smith's is really soft and puppylike and sad, look at him!" "Okay this one is MAD AGAIN EVERYBODY" and that's about it.

</rant>
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.

3021585866_e43c80b900.jpg
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hey Fluffy!
    I'm 27 and also polyamorous (bisexual).
    I love videogames and the occasional anime, Magic the Gathering, and assorted nerdy tabletop games.

Add me!!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,586 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Chelsey. I'm 27 and I love Supernatural, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Star Wars and Trek, Marvel, Batman, you know, basically everything on Tumblr. I grew up with Harry Potter, and I like the Hunger Games and Game of Thrones as well. Currently re-reading Storm of Swords too. I love video games, and I'm anxiously awaiting Mass Effect Andromeda like nobody's business.

I've lost about 28lb so far, got another 30-ish to go to reach my goal weight. I weight lift 6 days a week, and incorporate some HIIT cardio 3-4 days a week. I also do some yoga once a week.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • fatgirlandrobin
    fatgirlandrobin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Mori, I'm 21 and I live in Florida. I'm pansexual as well! I'm also a Hufflepuff. I love Rooster Teeth and all it's productions, especially RWBY. Percy Jackson & The Olympians is my favorite book series ever. I love Marvel, especially the X-Men and teen heroes, but in the movies, my favorites are Cap's Core Four (#TeamCap). I also love the Batfamily and Gotham City Sirens. I mostly just read Image comics now though because they're easier to keep up with and don't get retcon'd every other month. I'll try anything once though, so I'm pretty familiar with most fandoms, even if I didn't get into them.
    Ideally, I'd like to lose about 100 pounds, but right now I'm focused on 50.
  • SteffiC06
    SteffiC06 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Stephanie, a 30 year old, self proclaimed geek (nerd, dork, whatever). Love Harry Potter and Marvel (especially Thor and Captain America). I'm also in the more nerdy genre, I love History, reading anything, writing, mythology,occasionally art. I'm looking to lose about 60 lbs, all while managing a family and household, full time work, and part time college. I'd love to make new friends, especially ones who understand the geeky, nerdy me. Feel free to add me!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm Kelly, 25, into Star Wars (official 501st and Rebel Legion member), anime, cosplay, video games, Star Trek, Marvel, Supernatural (although I'm wayyyy behind...), Sherlock, and 9 + 10th Doctor Who :] Ideally I'd like to lose 40-50 pounds, but depending on measurements that number is flexible. I've been a serial starter, but this time around I have a new gym membership and I've recently been dumped so I'm motivated to make a change!
  • Alishia6606
    Alishia6606 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    dd8mhsh9pc1f.jpg

Hello! I am Alishia. I love Doctor Who, Sherlock, Harry Potter, GoT, Star Wars, The Hunger Games, Divergent (books, not the movies) and currently starting Supernatural. I have 2 girls, ages 4&6, and we are currently reading the Harry Potter series...again. Hoping to lose somewhere around 40 lbs.

Thank you for starting this one!
  • DC_United216
    DC_United216 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm DC. From central Florida trying to balance my fitness and health love with all the gaming I do .lol love Starwars RPGs and dubstep !!! Anyone feel free to add me :)