need to lose weight, help!

Options
2»

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    dariusshaw wrote: »
    I'm going to get scale today but I been drinking gallon of water started Monday and it kind of control my hunger so I plan on doing it everyday. But my question is let's say the app says to eat 1600 calories and I only eat 1200 or less will that affect my weight loss. I try to eat the goal calories but the water helps me control my hunger and I thought it felt right since I'm feeling full. Also I can meet almost all of my macros except carbohydrates. Goal is 50 but I eat 30 and the rest of my macros ate ok but it is eat a carbohydrate that will increase the other macros over lol sighh.

If you eat less, you'll lose more weight. That's how the maths works. 1200 is the minimum recommended so you have no room to decrease calories when/if your weight loss stalls.

1200 is the minimum for a woman. its 1500 for a male.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posters. Use a food scale. You'll be surprised how inaccurate guesstimates based on volume can be. I wouldn't eat less than 1200, but I wouldn't be surprised if you're eating far more than that based on how you are logging/measuring things. Food scales are cheap on Amazon.com, you can find them under $15 and really nice ones under $30. I think mine was $20ish delivered and has a nice removable glass top which can go in the dish washer or be washed any time I want.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    dariusshaw wrote: »
    I'm going to get scale today but I been drinking gallon of water started Monday and it kind of control my hunger so I plan on doing it everyday. But my question is let's say the app says to eat 1600 calories and I only eat 1200 or less will that affect my weight loss. I try to eat the goal calories but the water helps me control my hunger and I thought it felt right since I'm feeling full. Also I can meet almost all of my macros except carbohydrates. Goal is 50 but I eat 30 and the rest of my macros ate ok but it is eat a carbohydrate that will increase the other macros over lol sighh.

You'll lose "weight" faster but it will be a higher percentage of muscle instead of fat...which will lower your metabolism and sabotage your self in the end.
  • ogtmama
    Options
    Plus, once you are weighing your food...I doubt you'll want less than you're allowed.
  • Katester7956
    Katester7956 Posts: 6 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    This system may or may not be for you.

It's not for everybody. However, here are 9 signs you are ready for this nutritional re-balancing program:

1) You can’t button your favorite pants
    2) You can’t control your cravings
    3) You eat a full meal and still feel hungry
    4) You aren’t regular
    5) You don’t want to try ANOTHER diet
    6) You want real results, not a quick fix
    7) You live to eat food instead of eat food to live
    8) You HAVE to take naps everyday to function
    9) You “survive” off several cups of coffee, bottles of soda or handfuls of candy throughout your day

Stop trying quick fixes, starvation diets, unhealthy restrictive habits, and decide to embrace a healthy lifestyle now!

You get your health back/ mind blown OR you get your money back.

FREE wholesale membership this week, too! If you've been thinking about it, now is the time to get started!
  • ogtmama
    Options
    This system may or may not be for you

Why would you say that?
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    If you are going to use the app, use the app. If it tells you to eat 1600, eat 1600. 1200 is too little for a man.

You are already a healthy weight. Any weight you lose from here is a question of slowly shaving it off and taking care not to undereat as you can easily end up malnourished if you do that. You should not be aiming to lose faster than than half a pound a week and you may lose even slower than that. Two pounds a week is for very obese people who have a lot of fat to spare - you cannot afford to do that or you will harm yourself.

At the moment I suspect you are not tracking your food accurately enough.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

I am fully aware of that. As the username was "celina" I assumed that it was a woman.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

I am fully aware of that. As the username was "celina" I assumed that it was a woman.

actually the dariusshaw part on your profile is what I was commenting on above(it was part of your comment at this time-September 21, 2016 9:41AM)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

actually the dariusshaw part on your profile is what I was commenting on above(it was part of your comment at this time-September 21, 2016 9:41AM)

I quoted someone but was responding to the OP's question