Healthy Recipes 101

Options
Hi all,

I am back on my weight loss journey. The thing that got me in trouble last time was after 4 months - I got tired of eating the same old thing everyday. I can cook - I just stink when it comes to adding lots of ingredients - so I need help with recipes with as few ingredients as possible. Does anyone have any easy healthy recipes for dinner? Anything with chicken is great - my husband and I don't eat seafood so fish is out. Thanks!

Replies

• mom2boyzinaz
    Options
    1 lb chicken tenderloins
    Buffalo Wing Sauce (check carb counts on the bottles and choose the lowest carb ones you can find. Texas Pete has 5 g for 2 TB, but other brands are around 1-2 g carbs for 2 TB) *** I use Frank' Hot suace ***
    Walden Farms Blue Cheese Dressing
    Celery *** use laughing cow cheese instead of blue cheese dressing ****
    Seasoning if desired
    How to make Eating Low with Amy - Buffalo Chicken TendersPreheat oven to 450 degrees.
    Place chicken tenders in a baking dish.
    Spray with PAM and add seasoning to each side of tender if desired.
    Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
    Place chicken tenders in a bowl and pour buffalo wing sauce over top.
    Stir so that each tender gets covered in sauce.
    Serve with WF Blue Cheese dressing and celery.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Here's what we are trying for supper tonight! http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Italian-Chicken-Sandwiches-185051. You can check my food diary to see how I am logging it... the quick added calories is bread I am making but of course you can buy French bread as well!

I'll keep thinking. :)
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    We are having chicken pita's. I grilled some boneless skinless breasts and chopped them up. I have whole grain pita's and am stuffing them with the chicken and lettuce and tomatoes and onions. I am also thinking of making a cuccumber dill cream sauce with some greek yogurt... mmmmm
  • OnieBee
    OnieBee Posts: 67
    Options
    Hummus Wrap

2 small or 1 large low-carb tortilla(s)
    1/4 cup hummus
    8-10 cherry tomatoes
    1/4 avocado, slivered

Spread 2 tbsp. hummus on each tortilla. Top with 4-5 cherry tomatoes on each and garnish with slivers of avocado.

320 calories, 42g carbohydrates, 17g protein, 18g fat