Need personal trainer with food and excersice

Stay at home mom seeking help with meal and excersice plans to lose 30 lbs.

Replies

• mecoconleche
    mecoconleche Posts: 86 Member
    I suggest logging what you like to eat, and evaluate from there. The best eating plan is something you can stick to for a long time.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Certainly, start with logging your food in MFP to stay accountable to your goals. What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to make good progress towards your goal. If you are trying to lose weight, eat so you drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~1600 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for 2 weeks. If you lose 1-2 lbs/week, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few cycles, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.

Here is what I do for macros...
    Protein: ~0.8-1.2 g/lb of bodyweight
    Fat: ~25% of daily calories
    Carbs: the rest of your calories

As for workouts, the key is consistency. Work on finding time to devote a solid ~30-60 minutes, 6 days/week to some high intensity workouts including cardio and resistance training. If you do that, all you need from there is time and consistency.

If you need some help, let me know. I'm happy to lend a hand.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2016
    OP you certainly do not have to tailor (customer setup) macros in any way at this point in your weight loss as the above poster suggests. And please let MFP figure your calorie goal.. the above poster is wrong for suggesting any calorie intake.

The best way to start out is NOT over complicate things as you are getting used to the MFP method. Just setup your account with your stats, activity level and number of pounds to lose per week and hit this calorie goal each day.. No special foods are required, just eat what you arleady like but within the calorie goal.

30 pounds is not considered an out of the ball park weight loss, so I hope that you will stick to no more than 1 pound a week, 1.5 max. So if your plan is to lose 2 pounds or more a week the protein intake should be a little higher than the min and with exercising. The .8 grams per body weight mentioned above is a good amount to adjust to.

So you need to decide what kind of exercise you are interested in, and moreover something that is somewhat fun and enjoyable and that you will do according to your schedule. It can be cardio, strength training (recommended) or a little of both, exercise DVD's, etc..

Do not over compliment it, start out by just logging food etc.. A food scale is really important in your weight loss, as you lose weight you are gonna want to get your calorie intake as accurate as possible.

Read the stickies at the beginning of the forums. Valuable information can be found there.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/818082/exercise-calories-again-wtf/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest