OCTOBER WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE

Options
mari_moulin
mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
After having done this for 2 months in a challenge discussion board, and 3 months in the Kill The Fat group, we are happy to continue on through the month of OCTOBER! I followed some other great examples and started this weight loss challenge group back in July. It has been very helpful for me and several others during the months of May - September. It's helped us keep accountable each week, and kept us pushing forward in our journey.

Our challengers are split up into teams. Each team has its own discussion board where you can help motivate each other and you can post about goals, struggles and successes each week.

In the month of September we also added a Weekly Challenge discussion for EVERYONE to join if they wish. Its not mandatory and we don't seek perfection but its a little something to keep us on track.

Autumn Season is here and those temperatures are going down. It is known that in our coldest months it is harder to lose weight as we store fat to keep warm. I don't know about you but I have a coat for that and I want to shed this fat! Who is up for a challenge this month of OCTOBER!!! We should be back into our normal routines now after our summer and we should be ready to take this month head on.

NEW CHALLENGERS ARE WELCOME. You will be finding an amazing and supportive group of people here to help you through the month and on your journey to a healthier and fitter life. If you wish to join our challenge for the month of OCTOBER please enter the following in the comments.

If you wish to join us, head to the group below and ask to join.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-kill-the-fat-monthly-weight-loss-challenge

Once you join and I accept your request, you can come in on the week of Sep 25 - Oct 1 on your weigh in day to register for the October challenge. Once you enter the information on here I will add you into our October spreadsheet.

If you have any friends that would like to join please give them our link so they can join.

Replies

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Bump
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    bump again
  • mssmssy
    mssmssy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! A group I'm in is over October 1, so I need a new one. :)
  • bocedos2
    bocedos2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was hoping I could join. I asked to join for the October one but im not sire where the link is to put all the Info needed so i know I registered
  • lfwmih
    lfwmih Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am new to this - just sent in my request to join this challenge - how to I know if I was accepted?
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    You've already been accepted and added. Head over to the group page and you will see you have been tagged. Welcome!
  • lfwmih
    Options
    GREAT!!! Thank you!!! Excited!!!
  • lfwmih
    Options
    Please help me to understand - I would like Fridays to be my weight day. So I wait til this Friday (9/30) to tell my weight - where do I provide this information?
    Thanks
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    @Ifwmih On the main challenge page you will see a discussion titled OCTOBER STARTING WEIGHTS (Submit between Sep 25 - Oct 1). This is where you will enter your starting weight and weigh in day. We will provide a discussion each week similar to this one for your weigh ins. If you go over to the main page you will have instructions and rules.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I am going to the link to ask to join.
  • lfwmih
    Options
    @mariecela_moulin - thanks for the reply - I think I am getting adjusted so will be ready. Thanks again for all your help - love your support!!!