Chuffed this morning!!

8h63lfsxjbi4.jpg

Firstly, no one please burst my bubble, I appreciate that these machines are not always accurate...but today is my birthday so please be kind.

This shows 2 months of progress on maintenance and recomp...and I am chuffed to bits. As I said, I know these machines are not always 100% accurate but I actually feel that I am starting to look good and notice a difference. It is a long journey of adjustments, I have upped my calorie into, increased my weights and also my cardio...and I think k have finally found a good balance.

For those who are looking for results...give it time, results may be slow, but don't be afraid to tweak things in your diet and fitness regime

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Good for you!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Go you!! Improvement is always a good thing, whether the machines are accurate or not. ;) Great going!
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Congrats! And happy birthday!!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Congrats! Have you reached your goal now?
  • Spitspot81
    Spitspot81 Posts: 208 Member

I think that there will always be things I want to tweak and improve with my fitness and goals. But, in terms of weight loss I think I need to be mindful of the fact I am at a healthy weight range.
  • Wheelhouse15
    spitapot81 wrote: »

I think that there will always be things I want to tweak and improve with my fitness and goals. But, in terms of weight loss I think I need to be mindful of the fact I am at a healthy weight range.

Tweaking is the best way to keep goals that prevent you from slipping back!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I hope chuffed means excited. That is awesome progress. Happy Birthday!
  • Spitspot81
    nowine4me wrote: »
    I hope chuffed means excited. That is awesome progress. Happy Birthday!

Sorry.....English slang words,lol. Chuffed means pleased. Thanks for the message
  • discnjh
    discnjh Posts: 33 Member
    As an USAmerican - chuffed is one of my favorite words in UK English slang. So you could say I'm always chuffed to hear the word chuffed. :)
  • Spitspot81
    discnjh wrote: »
    As an USAmerican - chuffed is one of my favorite words in UK English slang. So you could say I'm always chuffed to hear the word chuffed. :)

Well that is jolly good to hear. I am visiting the states in 3 weeks time so I shall make sure I use my English slang to its full potential
  • Wheelhouse15
    spitapot81 wrote: »
    discnjh wrote: »

Well that is jolly good to hear. I am visiting the states in 3 weeks time so I shall make sure I use my English slang to its full potential

They will probably ask you to speak English. :lol:

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    FABULOUS!!
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Good for you! I'm in BC Canada and "Chuffed" means something very different!...lol
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Good for you! I'm in BC Canada and "Chuffed" means something very different!...lol
    Yeap, i was a bit concerned for you too, op. But after reading your post and seeing the pic, yeah! good for you, and happy birthday!
  • Spitspot81
    icemom011 wrote: »
    Yeap, i was a bit concerned for you too, op. But after reading your post and seeing the pic, yeah! good for you, and happy birthday!

This has made me laugh
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    And being from the UK but living in BC Canada my mind boggled.
    Not really.
    I thought -oh an English poster, I haven't heard chuffed/pleased in decades- then had a quick mind trip back to my youth.

Well done! Whether the numbers are accurate doesn't matter. They are trending in the correct direction using the same method of quantifying.

I watch my bathroom scale, even though I know the numbers aren't accurate, it does show the trend.

Cheers, h.
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    I was baffled; I thought chuffed meant angry or upset. *shakes head, blinks eyes"

Congrats!
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    You're exactly the same stats as me :smiley: great job!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    I'm chuffed that I learned a new word today! Great job, keep it up!
  • Spitspot81
    So glad I have educated people this week,lol