Best Affordable Protein Powders

Options
2»

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,991 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Go with MyProtein. It's the cheapest protein out there and it ranks highly in lab tests. Right now they've got 2.2lb bags for just $12.99 with promo code IWP12 (in the future check Slickdeals for promos).

Try their chocolate mint and strawberry cream. Those two were the most recommended to me. The chocolate mint tastes just like chocolate mint ice cream and the strawberry cream is a nice creamy flavor with a hint of strawberry.

It might be too late now, but next time I don't recommend buying 11lb bags if you haven't tasted the flavor before. I've had way too many bad experiences stockpiling protein powder because it was cheap.. then it tasted like crap and I was miserable trying to finish everything. So I learned my lesson.

Try the 2.2lb bags first (they're on sale regularly too). If you like it, buy larger bags the next time.

It's too late but I'm not worried.

Worth the risk to buy 11# at $5/lb. Can already buy 6# at $6.67 locally. So, the 2.2 bags aren't a deal to me.

Thought about the Chocolate Mint. Love chocolate mint ice cream but wouldn't want to drink that every day.
    Don't like strawberry enough to do that either. I'm basically a chocolate or vanilla type of guy.

Bought the Stevia Chocolate flavor which got favorable reviews for taste. We'll see . . .

Just bought 12# of Cytosport Muscle Milk Chocolate Whey that I bought at Costco for $80 that I have yet to try as well. So, it's not like I haven't bought anything blind before.

LOL!!!